We are excited to be seeking the right individual for this vital role in the service of our schools. This exciting role includes supporting, serving and enabling a strong network of deeply committed school communities.
Applications Close: 29 Jul 2022
Commencement Date: January 2023
CEN NSW/ACT serves 22 CEN schools in ensuring high quality, bible-based Christian Education. We are a vibrant network of like-minded schools who support the role of parents in the formation of their children. Our schools are diverse and are situated in major city centres as well as regional and remote communities. Across our growing school network, we employ skilled and passionate teachers who are seeking opportunities to continually grow in their ability to support and extend the learning of all students in their classes from a Christian perspective. CEN seeks to ensure that the word of God is taught faithfully, a biblical worldview is integrated into all aspects of school life, and students are thoroughly equipped through excellent teaching and learning to serve Christ.
CEN NSW/ACT is excited to be seeking the right individual for this vital role in the service of our schools following the resignation of our current SEO at the end of 2022. The position has expanded from a 3 day per week position to a full time position, to bring a special focus on a teaching and learning aspect to the role.
The SEO role is a full time position and will be based on an executive salary.
This is an exciting role supporting, serving and enabling a strong network of deeply committed school communities as they seek to provide exemplary Christian education.
The following attributes are important for the role:
- An actively demonstrated personal Christian faith, actively involved in a local Protestant church and affirming of the CEN Statement of Faith.
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the vision of the Lordship of Christ over every area of life.
- Respect, promote and work within the organisational authority structure of Christian Education National.
- A demonstrated commitment to serving Christ in Christian education as stipulated in the mission, vision and core values of Christian Education National (CEN).
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience that are appropriate for this position. Executive Leadership experience in a school context is anticipated.
- An ability to communicate in a manner that maintains the respect of the wider Christian Education community.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills in working alongside members of the CEN community, including effective collaboration when working within the CEN Staff.
- A willingness to work in harmony and close collaboration with other members of the Christian Education National team.
- Personal qualities such as adaptability, initiative, versatility, enthusiasm, optimism and the ability to work within a constantly changing environment.
- A demonstrated capacity to lead a small team using efficient processes and excellent time management skills.
- A Master of Education with the National Institute for Christian Education or a commitment to pursue such study.
- An ongoing commitment to personal and professional development.
- A demonstrated capacity to engage with stakeholders both within and external to CEN NSW/ACT.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of contemporary theory and best practice in teaching and learning pedagogy.
- A strong understanding of NSW and ACT curriculum with a willingness to undertake additional professional learning to ensure capacity across both of these jurisdictions.
Copies of the Constitution, the Vision and Core Values Statement can be found on the CEN website.
Click here to download the Position Description.
For further information or to apply, please contact Melinda Storm [email protected]
Applications close 5pm Friday 29 July 2022
For enquiries please contact Melinda Storm on 02 4773 5800 or [email protected]