For The National Institute for Christian Education
Part-time, equivalent to 3 days a week
Location: Springwood NSW (negotiable)
The National Institute for Christian Education (NICE) is a fully accredited postgraduate training institute dedicated to the cause of Christian education. The Institute’s key focus is to help Christian teachers and school leaders develop in their capacity to educate from a biblical perspective. NICE is wholly owned by Christian Education National (CEN).
The National Institute is seeking a highly motivated and appropriately qualified Academic Administration Coordinator. The role is a part-time appointment, equivalent to 3 days week, the preference is to spread the hours over 4 days. Hours and days are negotiable.
The Academic Administration Coordinator’s key responsibility is to establish and continually develop positive relationships with post-graduate students whilst being responsible for operational administrative enrolment tasks, and the support of the principal and senior staff of the National Institute in the processes and practices as expected in the Higher Education Third Party agreement.
The CEN/NICE Office is located in Springwood NSW. Our preference is for applicants who would be able to work from the office in NSW, however, applications from the Melbourne area will also be considered.
Primary Responsibilities of the role Include:
- Regular communication with current and prospective Institute students
- Processing student applications and enrolments
- Maintenance of student records and database
- Assistance with implementing course material in the online learning platform
- Reporting of admissions, enrolment, grades and graduation data
- Oversight of timetables, calendars and census dates
- Library oversight including purchase and distribution of books
- Ad hoc coordination of small conferences and graduation events
- An actively demonstrated personal Christian faith.
- A commitment to serving Christ in Christian education as stipulated in the mission, vision and core values of Christian Education National (CEN), (see www.cen.edu.au for details).
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience that are appropriate for this position.
- An ability to communicate in a manner that maintains the respect of the wider Christian Education community.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal qualities such as adaptability, initiative, versatility, enthusiasm, optimism and the ability to work within a constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor Degree or relevant equivalent experience
- Experience within the field of Tertiary Education
- Experience working within a regulatory framework
- Experience with a Learning Management System (LMS) e.g. Moodle
Click here to access the full position description.
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter including suitability to the role addressing the selection criteria.
- A Resume/CV including qualifications and work experience.
- Contact details of three referees, including a Christian minister.
Applications close Friday 27 October 2023. Interviews may be arranged as applications received.
To apply or for further information, contact Fiona Partridge ([email protected])