Christian Education National is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of a Teaching & Learning Advisor (VIC).
This is a part time position (0.4 FTE), commencing in January 2022.
Our state office is located in Officer, at the Maranatha Christian School Campus.
Appointed by: State Council CEN Victoria
Reports to: State Executive Officer, Victoria
Appointment: 24 months (2022-2023)
Christian Education National (CEN) serves around 70 member Christian schools across Australia with resources and support. In Victoria, we support 11 schools across 15 campuses. A Teaching and Learning Advisor is required to support schools in the development of Christian teaching and learning programs encompassing both the latest Victorian curriculum and the broader Australian Curriculum frameworks, and using CEN resources ‘Transformation by Design’ and ‘Crafting Formational Learning.’
Applicants need to be thoroughly committed to CEN’s biblical basis and vision and possess demonstrable management, leadership and communication skills. An educational background or significant experience and understanding of the Christian and independent schools sector is preferred.
Interacting with Heads of Teaching and Learning (however described) in CEN Schools, Victoria, in a consultative and collaborative way, demonstrating high level interpersonal and communication skills.
Working collaboratively with key Teaching and Learning personnel to ensure the development of biblically directed curriculum and relevant documentation in each school.
Working with the State Executive Officer in coordinating events and creating resources to support schools and their staff in such areas as induction, Christian teaching practice and other related professional learning support as required.
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience in teaching Christianly, curriculum design and implementation.
- Highly capable in using technology with capability in email, MS Office, and some familiarity with various Learning Management System platforms commonly used in schools.
- Highly organised and self-motivated with the ability to manage numerous projects at once.
- A clear understanding of the vision and mission of CEN and a strong articulation of the distinctive nature of Christian schooling.
- Active participation in a local church, and an actively demonstrated personal Christian faith evident in all aspects of life.
- It is a requirement that the successful candidate will hold a satisfactory Working with Children Check.
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter including suitability to the role addressing the selection criteria
- A full Resume/CV including qualifications and work experience
- Provide the names and contact details of three referees (including a Christian minister)
Applications to be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Friday 17th September, 2021.
Click here to download a Job Description.
For further information, contact Karen Hooper (firstname.lastname@example.org or 0491 173 959)
For enquiries please contact Karen Hooper (VIC SEO) on 0491 173 959 or email@example.com