Great opportunity to help truly impact Christian Education nationally.
Location-Flexible. (NSW or VIC preferred)
Our client, Christian Education National is a community of schools unified around the common goal of authentic, Bible-based, Christ-centred education. Their desire to partner with parents is strong and embodied in their focus on Christ’s Lordship over all of creation, the Bible being the lens as to how they view the world, and their commitment to empowering parents in their roles as the primary educators of their children. Their schools across the nation comprise over 25,000 students from families who are choosing to partner with their local Christian school. These are schools which are committed to demonstrating a vibrant biblical faith which permeates every aspect of learning, community life, policy, and practice in its associations and schools. Of note is CEN’s teacher training arm, the National Institute for Christian Education, a fully accredited tertiary institute which offers Graduate Certificates of Education and Master of Education Courses.
The Board is looking for a committed and dynamic Christian leader who will take CEN on to the next part of their journey in Australia. Reporting to the National Board of Directors, the role of the Chief Executive Officer is to enhance and lead CEN in delivering its mission to support, strengthen, advise and serve its member schools and their governing bodies as they seek to provide a Christ-centred, biblically informed education where Jesus’ love, power, and authority inform and guide all practice and community life.
In this key role you will also;
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership that strengthens and positions CEN as a trusted organisation that provides services supporting the growth, sustainability, and effectiveness of member schools.
- Lead and develop a team of professional staff to work effectively in delivering services and support that are of value to a wide variety of schools with a diverse range of needs.
- Provide timely and effective advice and expertise to member schools in respect of crisis management, difficult conversations, and contentious issues.
- Actively coach, mentor and support the development of school Boards and school leaders in the governance and administration of their schools through the provision of wise advice, governance expertise and leadership development – anticipating the need for relevant information, expert personnel and resources at the right time.
- Promote the development of appropriate Christian education resources for member schools and ensure the quality of CEN and Institute publications.
- Take responsibility for all events and National conferences.
In summary as the new CEO, you will have a strong personal faith that is demonstrated in your own Christian journey. You will be a visionary leader who has the proven experience and talent to take people on a journey to achieve the vision and the strategic goals of the organisation. You will be strongly aligned to the Christian ethos of CEN, have proven experience in educational leadership and a deep knowledge of and commitment to parent governed Christian Education. You are strategic and highly organised, have sound business and financial acumen, and can demonstrate the ability to build strategic relationships and partnerships to drive the impact of CEN. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge and understanding of the Christian Education sector and a sound grasp of legislative frameworks, risk management and governance requirement in the education settings. Your authentic and deep understanding of a Reformational Biblical worldview will be highly regarded.
An attractive remuneration salary package will be offered commensurate with experience and qualifications to attract the right person. To receive further detailed information about applying for this key position with CEN, please email Linton Deane at- [email protected] or for an initial discussion please call Linton- 03-9653 9468.
Applications should be received by COB Monday 28th August.
Eagle HR Consulting P/L, Level 27, 101 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000.