Face to face workshop: Yes (6hrs)
Online course: Coming soon (4hrs)
This workshop/course equips teachers with skills and confidence in designing school curriculum from a biblical perspective in response to a mandated curriculum.
This workshop seeks to present a clear and compelling approach to and overview of the whole Bible in ways that will impact our lives, our educational work with students, and the culture and practices of the school community of which we are part. How can we be immersed in the Scriptures? How do the Scriptures equip us to engage wisely with cultural challenges? How does God’s word counter-form us for faithful living?
Participants will be able to:
- state examples of different visions for education held by educational commentators
- articulate the desired outcomes for competency and character for a graduate of a Christian school
- understand the non-neutrality of all curricula
- appreciate the importance of transformation in education and therefore curriculum design
- confidently apply the Big Picture Template when planning a biblical, transformational curriculum
- appreciate that Christian curriculum must be planned, non-neutral, and transformational
- articulate a summary of a biblical worldview
- develop a biblical perspective on a topic or curriculum strand
- consider the ways in which the Bible suggests that authentic knowing includes response—‘responsive discipleship’
- confidently take a mandated curriculum (e.g. the Australian Curriculum) and develop curriculum that seeks transformation.
Target audience: Teachers
Addressed standards: 1.3, 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 6.2, 6.3
ENROL NOW Individual enrolment for an online course
ENROL NOW Group enrolment for a workshop or online course
BOOK NOW Book a presenter for your school for the face to face workshop