The Board of Christian Education National and the National Institute for Christian Education is calling for applications from experienced and talented Christian educators for the position of Principal of the National Institute (full-time position).
Applications Close: 29 Jul 2022
Commencement Date: 1 Jan 2023
The National Institute is a training institute dedicated to the cause of Christian education. Although its key focus is to help school teachers develop in their capacity to educate from a biblical perspective, the National Institute also works with the other members of school communities: parents, administration staff, board members, and students as well as the broader community.
Through a third-party agreement with Alphacrucis University College, the National Institute offers fully accredited postgraduate education courses to students around Australia and the world. Studying with the National Institute, educators can work towards a MEd or a MEd (Leadership) that is shaped by a biblically grounded philosophy of education.
The courses are offered online with virtual classes of students around Australia and the globe interacting via forums and with a qualified lecturer. The National Institute also offers supplementary face to face seminars to assist students in the distance learning process. Assessment is made through assignments that have direct applicability to the students’ day-to-day pedagogical and leadership tasks.
It is expected that the Institute Principal will commence by January 2023.
The successful applicant will be required to lead the National Institute towards a sustainable future, remaining relevant to current educational practices underpinned by a strong attention to Christian worldview and biblically informed philosophy.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate in their expression of interest, therefore, that he or she is:
- A committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- A visionary leader with a heart for and understanding of Christian education in the tertiary sector and professional development for teachers.
- Committed to the vision and mission of Christian Education National and the National Institute.
- A recipient of a PhD or EdD (or approaching completion).
- Committed to building and sustaining academic excellence and educational ‘best practice’.
- An experienced and successful leader in the education or tertiary sector.
- A relational leader with team building and mentoring skills and an outstanding ability to communicate with all those in relation to the National Institute.
- A competent, professional manager in areas such as staff support, adjunct lecturer support, budget management and strategic plan development.
- Able to network with the tertiary sector, Alphacrucis University College, other tertiary institutions, key clients and students of the National Institute.
- Experienced and influential in Christian education.
- Able to engage students in their learning within online and on-campus environments.
- Experienced in Academic or professional or practice-based experience in leading teaching, learning, scholarship and research, including curriculum development and modification.
- Active participation in a local church, and an actively demonstrated personal Christian faith evident in all aspects of life.
- It is a requirement that the successful candidate will hold a satisfactory Working with Children Check.
Click here to download a Position Description.
Expressions of interest to be emailed to [email protected] and should include the following:
- A cover letter including suitability to the role addressing the selection criteria.
- A full Resume/CV including qualifications and work experience.
- Provide the names and contact details of three referees (including a Christian minister)
Applications close 5pm Friday 29th July 2022.
For further information, please contact Michelle Dempsey on 0422 107 630.
For enquiries please contact Melinda Storm on 0435251355 or [email protected]