Sekolah Pelita Harapan
Applications Close: 22 Jul 2024
Commencement Date: 22 Jul 2024
Sekolah Pelita Harapan is a group of five International Christian schools located in the heart of Indonesia – the city of Jakarta. From a visionary beginning in 1993, Sekolah Pelita Harapan schools continue to develop as Indonesia’s leading Christian schools with a focus on academic excellence, personal growth, and spiritual development. Our vision of True Knowledge, Faith in Christ, and Godly Character defines our goals for students: that they may come to understand that all truth emanates from God the Creator and Sustainer and is to be found ultimately in a relationship with Jesus Christ His Son, and our Saviour. The end result of accepting and living out these truths is the development of godly character as those made in the image of God.
We aim to achieve this goal by focusing on Christ as the preeminent One in God’s plan of redemption in the world, believing that He calls us to engage with Him in the world’s restoration from its brokenness. We want our students to be people of influence and action in the world, well-equipped to engage positively wherever they may serve.
We are grounded in an Evangelical, Reformed theology that seeks truth wherever it may be found and recognizes that all truth is God’s. Using the International Baccalaureate and Cambridge programs allows us to develop mature, thoughtful students who are committed to life-long learning and who utilize inquiry to search for the truth.
SS Student Chapel Program
- Organize the chapel program, topics, and speakers
- Develop the chapel program as a community-building experience
Mission Service Learning (MSL)
- Develop spiritual aspects of Senior School MSL
- Support Junior School with resources for discussion and program implementation
- Provide spiritual counsel to struggling students in coordination with the counselling team
- Survey students to see how they are doing holistically and follow up with any care needed and ways to support
- Create self-care initiatives for students that address mental health needs
Care & Connect
- Develop a small group discipleship program
- Resource teachers to lead these groups well
- Facilitate Teacher-Staff Chapels
- Create Teacher-Staff small groups
- Organize prayer walks
- Coordinate with the Ministering Arts Department for worship
- Create self-care initiatives for teachers and staff
Participate substantially in school reviews of Expected Student Outcomes.
Plan spiritual aspects of the Theme Launch, Christmas, and Easter events.
Arrange speakers and/or spiritual programming for student retreats.
- Mature Christian faith
- Commitment to the Evangelical, Reformed position of the school as set out in the Statement of Faith
- Pastoral gift and ability to contribute to the nurturing of students, teachers, and staff
- Active member of a church
- Teaching qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Discernment and good judgment
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Encouraging leader with a cooperative and consultative style
- Effective team builder, team member and motivator
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate effectively as a public speaker
For enquiries please contact Nancy Indriyati on +628569881042 or [email protected]