Mount Evelyn Christian School
Applications Close: 5 Oct 2023
Commencement Date: 9 Oct 2023
Mount Evelyn Christian School has a part time ongoing position available for a Secondary Wellbeing Officer commencing immediately or in Term 1, 2024. Preferably, the successful applicant will work five days per week, 8am – 3pm each day.
The Secondary Wellbeing Officer has a broad role. They undertake a variety of duties which mostly comprises assisting and supporting students with social and emotional challenges, with the goal to transition students back into the classroom and other educational activities. This role will include connecting with female students and helping them to manage in times of social and emotional distress. The position may also include some administrative or clerical tasks. The duties are performed under close direction and supervision from the Secondary Wellbeing Coordinator.
Key selection criteria
- Knowledge, skill, and experience in providing emotional support to students with mental health and wellbeing challenges.
- Work with social and emotionally distressed students individually, and in small groups effectively.
- Can work independently (initiative skills) and work collaboratively as a team.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Know and comply with ChildSafe and confidentiality protocols and boundaries.
- Previous professional or community volunteer experience in working with young people with mental health and wellbeing challenges.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Be in agreement with, and actively commit to, the Christian ethos and Core Values as expressed in the MECS ‘Focus on Identity’ document.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills and have the capacity to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders.
- Be able to prioritise, problem solve, demonstrate initiative and utilise common sense.
The full position description is available on our MECS Employment page (see below for link).
Mount Evelyn Christian School provides Christ-centered schooling with learning experiences that challenge each student to actively live for God in His world, while partnering with Christian parents in the nurture of their children. We would like the successful applicant to wholeheartedly join a team implementing a distinctively biblical approach to education.
Applications are invited from highly motivated and appropriately skills individuals. To apply please go to the Mount Evelyn Christian School website employment page – www.mecs.vic.edu.au/employment/
MECS has a strict Child Safety Policy. The safety and wellbeing of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, MECS undertakes rigorous reference and background checking.
This position is not available to overseas applicants.
Applications close: 12 noon, Thursday 5th October 2023.
For enquiries please contact Karissa Esselbrugge on 9738 6000 or [email protected]