NT Christian Schools
Applications Close: 31 Oct 2023
Secondary Teacher (Part Time) – Languages and/or Music – 2024
CT1 – CT9 $81,739.00 – $117,225.00 (2023) Dependent on qualifications and experience
About the job
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and engaging teacher who is able to teach languages and/or music from Years 10-12, to join our team of innovative teachers.
Secondary Teacher | Part Time (FTE 0.5) | Ongoing
The successful applicant will provide a rich and caring learning experience through the teaching of the Australian Curriculum including building positive relationships amongst staff, students and families. The position requires the highest commitment to the Lord, the Bible and to schooling from a distinctively Christian perspective.
Skills and Experience
You will be an experienced teacher who will have a strong understanding and experience to create a ‘learning space for the students in your care. You will have a wealth of knowledge in designing and implementing aspects of the ‘learning space’ to ensure it is relevant to the needs and abilities of those students, giving them a reasonable opportunity to attain the goals and develop the skills outlined in the college curriculum.
NT Christian Schools exists to advance the Christian religion through the provision of education and religious instruction. For the purposes of upholding the Christian ethos of our schools, it is a genuine occupational qualification of this role that applicants be able to teach religious education, lead, and otherwise assist in, religious practices and observances and personally adhere to, uphold, and authentically model the religious beliefs of NT Christian Schools.
Mr Tooler (the Principal) cultivates a school culture that is relaxed and friendly, basing it on a “manners before matters” approach to relationships. His demeanour and love of a good joke create a relaxed atmosphere in the school. Sattler has an extremely high staff retention rate, so any employment opportunities at the school are a rare opportunity.
What we offer
- Six (6) weeks of annual leave
- Long Service Leave at five (5) years of continuous service (as opposed to the usual ten)
- Fifteen (15) days per year of personal and carers leave
- Up to eight (8) weeks paid maternity leave for eligible employees in addition to government maternity leave.
- Financial and practical assistance for teachers relocating to the Territory
- Opportunities for staff to learn through the National Institute of Christian Education, *paid for by NT Christian schools
- All year round professional development
- Financial assistance with uptake of employment
Applications available at https://jobs.ntchristianschools.com.au
Applications considered as received.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 0889204355 or [email protected]