Casino Christian School
Applications Close: 11 Oct 2023
Commencement Date: 23 Jan 2024
Casino Christian School (CCS) is an exciting, growing K-12 school of 320 students. Located in the peaceful, semi-rural setting of North Casino we provide families from Casino, the regional centre, Lismore, and the town of Kyogle, with an opportunity for high quality, Christian education. We provide a secure and caring learning environment that meets the needs of a diverse range of learners. The school is governed by the Presbyterian Church of NSW and affiliated with both Christian Schools Australia and the Association of Independent Schools NSW.
Applications are invited from committed protestant Christians for the position of Primary Teacher as demonstrated by an active involvement in their local church and a consistent Christian lifestyle.
Permanent full-time or part-time depending on the successful applicant.
Tuesday 23 January 2024
Wednesday 11 October 2023
Faith Hull (Principal)
Please note that Casino Christian School reserves the right to interview as applications are submitted and appoint the position before the due date.
The applicant will have:
- A sound understanding of the authentic integration of a Christian worldview in all KLA’s.
- A commitment to the Science of Reading and the Explicit Instruction pedagogical framework
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Teaching Qualifications from a higher education institution within Australia or as recognised within the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition guidelines.
- Appropriate registration with NESA.
- A current Working with Children Check.
The applicant will be:
- A committed Christian and an active member of a church
Prospective applicants should download the Teacher Application form https://www.ccs.nsw.edu.au/employment/, complete the form and then email the following to [email protected]:
- Cover Letter outlining what you would bring to the role (no more than two pages)
- Teacher Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Transcript
Position Description: Secondary Teacher
Directly Responsible to the Head of Secondary
- Teach your allocated classes to the best of your ability
- Teach extra and in lieu of periods as and when required to cover staff absences
- Playground and bus duties as per rostered arrangement
- Attendance at parent / teacher interviews as arranged by the Principal
- Attendance at rostered staff meetings
- Attendance at the School Information Nights and other occasional events when required
- Supervision of extra and co-curricular activities (eg. sport teams, school camps, excursions) if required
- Work professionally in abiding by the systems and procedures of the school
- Active involvement in local church
- Maintain your personal Christian Lifestyle to keep in line with the school vision
- Manage relevant budgets allocated
- Keep accurate records of student progress
- Fulfill the reporting requirements by the due dates given
- Maintain accreditation with NESA
- Any other duties that the Principal (or delegate) may assign from time to time
Personal/ Professional Growth:
- Continually develop a greater understanding of the nature and purpose of Christ-centred education
- Attend and participate in relevant professional development in order to provide best practice education to students
- Provide and receive written and verbal feedback to other teachers regarding their classroom practice
- Maintain and add to the teaching programs relevant to your subjects
- Collaboratively plan scope and sequences, teaching programs and assessment as required
- Keep the Principal/ Deputy Principal informed of the needs and progress of your students
- Discipline and counsel students in the school as the need arises
- Liaise with parents concerning the welfare of their children
- Maintain consistent structure and standards for your students.
For enquiries please contact Mrs Faith Hull, Principal on 02 6662 5599 or [email protected]