Casino Christian School
Applications Close: 28 Aug 2022
Commencement Date: 24 Jan 2023
Casino Christian School (CCS) is an exciting, growing K-12 school of 300 students. Located in the peaceful, semi-rural setting of North Casino we provide families from Casino, the regional centre, Lismore, and the town of Kyogle, with an opportunity for high quality, Christian education. We provide a secure and caring learning environment that meets the needs of a diverse range of learners. The school is governed by the Presbyterian Church of NSW and affiliated with both Christian Schools Australia and the Association of Independent Schools NSW.
Applications are invited from committed protestant Christians for the position of Science Teacher as demonstrated by an active involvement in their local church and a consistent Christian lifestyle.
Sunday 28th August 2022
Graeme Jolliffe (Principal)
The applicant will have:
- A sound understanding of the authentic integration of a Christian worldview in all KLA’s.
- A commitment to an explicit instruction pedagogical framework
- Well-developed organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Teaching Qualifications for Secondary Science Education, preferably with Chemistry, from a higher education institution within Australia or as recognised within the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition guidelines.
- Appropriate registration with NESA.
- Working with Children Check
- A current COVID Vaccination certificate
The applicant will be:
- A committed Christian and an active member of a church
Prospective applicants should download the Teacher Application form at www.ccs.nsw.edu.au, complete the form and then upload the following:
- A cover letter (please keep it brief)
- Teacher Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Transcript
Position Description: Science Teacher
Directly Responsible to the Head of Secondary
- Teach your allocated classes to the best of your ability
- Playground duties as per rostered arrangement
- Attendance at parent / teacher interviews as arranged by the Principal
- Attendance at rostered staff meetings
- Attendance at the School Information Nights and other occasional events when required
- Supervision of extra and cocurricular activities (eg. sport teams, school camps, excursions) if required
- Work professionally in abiding by the systems and procedures of the school
- Active involvement in a local Protestant church
- Maintain your personal Christian Lifestyle to keep in line with the school vision
- Manage relevant budgets allocated
- Keep accurate records of student progress
- Fulfill the reporting requirements by the due dates given
- Maintain accreditation with NESA
- Any other duties that the Principal (or delegate) may assign from time to time
Personal Professional Growth
- Continually develop a greater understanding of the nature and purpose of Christ-centred education
- Attend and participate in relevant professional development to provide best practice education to students
- Provide and receive written and verbal feedback to other teachers regarding their classroom practice
- Maintain and add to the teaching programs relevant to your subjects
- Collaboratively plan scope and sequences, teaching programs and assessment as required
- Keep the Deputy Principal / Head of Secondary informed of the needs and progress of your students
- Discipline and counsel students in the school as the need arises
- Liaise with parents concerning the welfare of their children
- Maintain consistent structure and standards for your students.
For enquiries please contact Graeme Jolliffe on 02 6662 5599 or [email protected]