Wycliffe Christian School
Applications Close: 9 Oct 2023
Commencement Date: 19 Jan 2024
Secondary Science Teacher – with the potential inclusion of leadership or student coordination responsibilities
up to Full Time
Wycliffe Christian School is a Preschool to Year 12 co-educational Christian school located in the beautiful lower Blue Mountains. Together with Wycliffe Hope School, Wycliffe Christian School is an inclusive learning community in which families and their children are able to flourish as they make the most of their God-given talents and abilities. We are looking for committed Christians of an evangelical persuasion who are active in their local church to join our staff team. Applications are invited for the position of Secondary Science Teacher at Wycliffe Christian School, commencing in January 2024.
- Be deeply committed to Christian education
- Have the ability to teach Stage 6
- Have the ability to teach Years 7 – 12
- Demonstrate a passion for teaching and a deep knowledge of Science
- A commitment to service and to excellence in teaching and learning
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and within a team environment
- Have specific skills in the application of ICT in the classroom
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess student’s skills and learning requirements
- Maintain effective methods of monitoring and tracking student progress
- To be flexible and respond to current needs as they occur
- Display strong written/verbal communication skills
- Management and pastoral care of students
- Work in partnership with families
- Curriculum planning
- Supervision duties
- Willing to assist with co-curricular activities such as school camps, sporting and cultural activities, as part of a whole staff team
- Participate in regular staff meetings
Salary will be in line with the school’s Multi-Enterprise Agreement at the level of responsibility and experience of the successful applicant.
To apply for this position, please download our Employment Application Form available on the Employment page of the Wycliffe Christian School website – www.wycliffe.nsw.edu.au.
Please submit the application to the school by email to [email protected] For further information, please contact the school on 02 4753 6422. Interviews will be held as applications are received as we are looking to resolve staffing for 2024 as soon as possible.
For enquiries please contact Leisel Gray on 4753 6422 or [email protected]