Heathdale Christian College
Applications Close: 14 Jul 2023
Heathdale Christian College is a thriving learning community that strives to enable staff and students to fulfill their unique God-given potential.
- Our staff work together to create an environment geared toward learning, that impacts the lives of each student.
- We build a culture of excellence through a deep desire to show initiative, build capacity, learn, and grow so we make things better – Ultimately fulfilling God’s call for our careers.
- ‘To God be the glory’ is not a throwaway statement for us, but rather evidence of a heart that serves God through daily work.
Due to the continued growth of the College, we are seeking a Full Time – Permanent Secondary English and Humanities Teacher to join our Team. This role will be based at our Werribee campus.
This position requires a Secondary English & Humanities Teacher to have the ability to effectively teach, engage and educate young people. Our Christ-centered education is paramount to helping our students to grow and develop by providing a deep and rich learning experience for our students.
- Effectively teach students in English, Humanities and other methods, as informed by the Australian Curriculum.
- Select and use appropriately, a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies to suit the needs of a diverse range of students.
- Demonstrate the capacity for best practice in curriculum development, implementation, evaluation, and assessment.
- Display appropriate behaviour management strategies to ensure a safe, orderly and successful learning environment, addressing discipline issues promptly, fairly and respectfully.
- Have a level of understanding of students, including their diverse linguistic, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Exercise a pastoral responsibility for students in their classes.
- Work with key staff to ensure that the student’s well-being and safety is addressed and being managed.
- Partner with parents or guardian/s with ensuring support and that effective and open communication is maintained.
For more information, please click here for a detailed Position Description
The successful candidate must have:
- A Degree in Education with experience in teaching English & Humanities.
- A Valid VIT registration.
- A commitment to Christian Education and the College’s Ethos, as presented in the College’s Theological Statement.
- The ability to create a positive student culture for deep learning and teaching.
- A mindset to utilise technology for the purpose of teaching effectively, updating systems, reporting, student feedback and academic progress.
- Embrace opportunities to grow and develop professionally with the College.
- Adhere to College policies, procedures, and practices.
How To Apply:
If you have the relevant skills, abilities and qualifications, please apply via our employment page at www.heathdale.vic.edu.au/employment and if you have any further questions, please contact People & Development via email [email protected].
Heathdale Christian College has a zero-tolerance of child abuse. We have established a series of Policies, Procedures, and a Code of Conduct for all employees, volunteers, and contractors working with our students. This is aimed to protect children from abuse and embed a culture of child safety in the school environment.
For enquiries please contact HR on 0397491522 or [email protected]