Shire Christian School
Applications Close: 16 Oct 2023
Commencement Date: 14 Sep 2023
Nestled in the leafy suburb of Barden Ridge in Southern Sydney, Shire Christian School has been providing high quality Christian education for nearly 50 years. With over 900 students enrolled across Prep to Year 12, we seek to create a culture where every child is part of a community that feels like family.
Innovative and energetic Christian educators are invited to apply for the position of Science Teacher. This is a full-time position commencing asap.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Engage and motivate students to learn by implementing effective classroom management strategies.
- Orchestrate lessons to inspire curiosity and critical thinking.
- Perceive the needs of individual students and take realistic steps to meet those needs.
- Differentiate learning to support all learners.
- Interpret syllabus materials to program and deliver scientifically rigorous and engaging units of work.
- Manage risk proactively and effectively in all learning environments.
- Provide timely and transformative feedback to students.
- Engage warmly and constructively with parents.
- Embed a Biblical perspective into the curriculum.
- Confidently integrate ICT to enhance learning outcomes
- Work collaboratively and productively with their colleagues.
- Show a commitment to improvement and professional development.
Teachers benefits include:
- Supportive and friendly Science team.
- Well-equipped classrooms, exclusively allocated.
- Access to innovative teaching resources.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Salary sacrifice packaging.
The successful applicant should be a committed Christian actively involved a church community. All employees at Shire Christian are expected to be personally committed to the school’s mission, vision and statement of faith with a clear understanding of reformed evangelical theology.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria and are interested in joining our Christian learning community, we would love to hear from you! Please use the teaching staff application form found on our school’s website and email to [email protected].
For enquiries please contact Gillian Cross on 85255111 or [email protected]