Illawarra Christian School
Applications Close: 2 Dec 2022
Commencement Date: 20 Jan 2023
About Illawarra Christian School
Illawarra Christian School is a Prep-Year 12 co-educational Christian school located in Cordeaux Heights, ten minutes from the centre of Wollongong. It is a vibrant learning community where every student is cared for in a positive and dynamic environment. In partnership with parents, we equip our students to be inquiring and discerning life-long learners.
We employ highly skilled, innovative, and passionate teachers who are excited about opportunities to continually grow in their ability to support and extend the learning of all students in their classes. The school has a diverse student population, a strong sense of community and strong academic record.
With a strong focus on effective teaching and learning, our experienced and dedicated Christian staff are committed to providing quality education where the word of God is taught faithfully, a biblical worldview is integrated into all aspects of school life, and where students are thoroughly equipped to serve Christ.
About the role
We are looking for a School Psychologist/Counsellor/Mental Health Social Worker to fill a role within our Multi-Disciplinary Team. The successful candidate will join an existing team in either a full time or part time capacity, and will apply their counselling, pastoral care and education expertise to assist students, parents, teachers and the school’s executive team to achieve the most beneficial outcomes for students.
The role reports to the school’s Director of Wellbeing. Hours worked and start date are negotiable for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate
The successful applicant will:
- be a practising Christian of reformed persuasion, actively involved in their local church and supportive of the ethos and aims of the school
- be able to offer counselling and support services to students from Prep to Year 12
- have excellent communication and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to work with staff, parents and external providers
- ideally, be a registered psychologist and member of a professional network/body, or alternatively have experience working with children as a counsellor or a mental health social worker
- have experience with psychometric testing, implementation and reporting
- have a valid Working with Children Check
For further details, including a position description, and to apply, please visit our employment portal.
Applications are ongoing. Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received. The school reserves the right to appoint to the position before the closing date.
For enquiries please contact Melinda Vidler on 02 4239 5200 or [email protected]