Illawarra Christian School
Applications Close: 6 Oct 2023
Commencement Date: 25 Jan 2024
About our school
Illawarra Christian School is a Prep to Year 12 co-educational Christian school located in Cordeaux Heights, ten minutes from the centre of Wollongong. We are committed to partnering with parents in the provision of quality Christian education to students in the Illawarra. Our school has a strong focus on effective teaching and learning, and the pursuit of excellence for the glory of God.
Our experienced and dedicated Christian staff are committed to providing quality education where the word of God is taught faithfully, a biblical worldview is integrated into all aspects of school life, and where students are thoroughly equipped to serve Christ. Illawarra Christian School enjoys a strong educational heritage, nurturing students to reach their God-given potential and providing options for their future ministries, study and employment. We are known for the genuine care we extend to all students and have an outstanding record of academic achievement.
About the role
We are looking for a School Psychologist (or Counsellor) to fill a role within our Multi-Disciplinary Team. The successful candidate will join an existing team (including Counsellor, Occupational Therapist and Speech Therapist) in either a full time or part time capacity, and will apply their counselling, pastoral care and education expertise to assist students, parents, teachers and the school’s executive team to achieve the most beneficial outcomes for students.
For further information, please refer to the attached position description.
The role reports to the school’s Director of Wellbeing. Hours worked and start date are negotiable for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate
The successful applicant will:
- be a practising Christian of reformed persuasion, actively involved in their local church and supportive of the ethos and aims of the school
- be able to offer counselling and support services to students from Prep to Year 12
- have excellent communication and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to work with staff, parents and external providers
- ideally, be a registered psychologist and member of a professional network/body
- have experience with psychometric testing, implementation and reporting
- have a valid Working with Children Check
In the resume accompanying your application, please address the following key criteria:
- What psychological theories form the basis of your practice?
- What group work programs do you have experience facilitating?
- Detail your experience working with children with learning support needs.
- How do you understand the intersection between your Christian faith and your professional practice?
For enquiries please contact Melinda Vidler on 02 4239 5200 or [email protected]