Tyndale Christian School
Applications Close: 13 Oct 2023
Commencement Date: 19 Jan 2024
About our school
Tyndale is a preschool to Year 12 co-educational school located in Blacktown, Sydney. At Tyndale we believe that God has given parents the responsibility for the nurture of their children according to the Word of the Lord. Tyndale is therefore committed to partnering with parents in the Christian education of their children by equipping students to be disciples of Jesus through Christ-centred Biblical education.
About the role
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and committed candidates to fulfil the ongoing part-time role of School Chaplain/Biblical Studies Teacher in our Secondary School. This role will have an Full-Time-Equivalent (FTE) of 0.6 or more by negotiation.
In close collaboration with the Principal and Heads of School, this position plays a vital role in nurturing the Christian faith among our students, guiding them in understanding Christ’s saving grace, and equipping them to be disciples of Jesus. By working closely with our School Counselors and Wellbeing Coordinators, the incumbent will foster positive outcomes in both spiritual and emotional wellbeing, thereby contributing significantly to the overall wellbeing of our school community. This multifaceted position not only emphasises the development of qualities like good citizenship, leadership, and discipleship within our school but may also extend its influence, on occasion, to encompass family members and friends of those within our school community.
The commencement date for this role will be 19 January 2024.
- Christian of a Reformed/Evangelical persuasion, who is an active member of a Reformed/Evangelical church;
- whole-heartedly subscribe to the School’s Educational Creed;
- possess qualifications in Theology or Ministry
- have enthusiasm for engaging students in meaningful learning experiences;
- have a passion for Christian Education;
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- are confident in the use of technology in the classroom; and
- are curious and tenacious learners with a passion for motivating students to be likewise
- Possess NESA Teacher’s Accreditation
- Experience working in an educational setting
- Training or certification in pastoral care
- Experience in teaching Biblical Studies
For more information about working at Tyndale, please click here to see a copy of our Staff Recruitment Booklet.
Tyndale is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people. The successful applicant, therefore, will need to hold and maintain a valid NSW Working With Children Check in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW).
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts to submit an online application.
For further information, please phone the Principal’s EA on (02) 8811 7800.
Applications close on Friday, 13 October 2023
For enquiries please contact Chris on 0288117800 or [email protected]