Chairo Christian School
Applications Close: 5 Feb 2023
Commencement Date: 20 Feb 2023
Receptionist / Administration Assistant
Large multi-campus Christian school
Ongoing, part-time position,
Approx. 1 day per week
Job Ref: LE2301
Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school, with over 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking the services of dedicated Receptionist/Administration Assistant to work at our Leongatha Campus. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a caring Christian environment and assist with all aspects of campus reception and sickbay, as well as providing support for a range of general office administration tasks, throughout the week.
Some key responsibilities will include the following:
- Setting a godly example to students and fellow staff members through their practice, manner, relationships and general lifestyle
- To work closely with, and offer administration support, to all staff as required
- Providing routine and emergency first aid and medical support to students
- Entering student attendance information
- Dealing with parent, student and staff queries and requests
Having obtained relevant experience in office administration, the successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Statement of Faith
- Experience in Administration (desirable)
- Friendly and professional demeanour
- Excellent people and communication skills
- High standard of computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel
- Level 2, anaphylaxis and asthma first aid qualifications (or willingness to obtain)
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to provide satisfactory Working with Children check
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 5 February.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 03 5625 4600 or [email protected]