Marrara Christian College
Applications Close: 31 Dec 2023
Commencement Date: 30 Nov 2023
About the role
Are you a highly organised and interactive individual who enjoys the diversity of being a Receptionist/Administration Assistant? Your primary role will require you to provide administrative support for Marrara Christian College and the office team, and liaise with other school staff, administration staff, parents and students as required.
NT Christian Schools exists to advance the Christian religion through the provision of education and religious instruction. For the purposes of upholding the Christian ethos of our schools, it is a genuine occupational qualification of this role that applicants be able to teach religious education, lead, and otherwise assist in, religious practices and observances and personally adhere to, uphold, and authentically model the religious beliefs of NT Christian Schools.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail In addition you will demonstrate the following:
- Be a committed Christian actively involved in your local church
- A pleasant demeanour
- Capacity to be a constructive member of a cohesive team
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Pleasant phone manner
- Demonstrate excellent language skills (Spelling and Writing)
- Strong keyboard skills and thoroughly computer literate
- Working knowledge of Windows computer platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to reflect the Christian faith underpinning the school, as articulated in the Policies and Procedures of NT Christian Schools
- Demonstrate or be willing to develop, the ability to draw upon the beliefs articulated in the Policies and Procedures of NT Christian Schools Company’ to help prepare teaching programs that have a biblical perspective and deliver significant educational outcomes for students.
- A commitment to quality Christian care for families.
- Ability to practice, deliver and contribute to religious education.
- NT Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
- Knowledge of MAZE database systems
- Previous experience working in a school environment
“Here at Marrara we’re about crafted teaching. For us, all learning is formational. Formational learning is about helping students learn with their head, connect that knowledge to their heart, and see it outworked through their hands in their daily lives. We have a fantastic and committed staff here who are driven to support our students and care for them along their learning journeys so that they can be who God has created them to.”
– Joel van Bentum
Principal, Marrara Christian College
What we offer
- A minimum of six weeks of annual leave
- Long Service Leave at five (5) years of continuous service (as opposed to the usual ten)
- Fifteen (15) days per year of personal and carers leave
- All year round professional development.
For enquiries please contact Manu Downes on 0889204355 or [email protected]