Chairo Christian School
Applications Close: 27 Nov 2022
Commencement Date: 31 Jan 2023
Private Study Supervisor
Large multi-campus Christian school
Fixed-term, part-time position
Job Ref: PD2203
Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school with 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south-eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking the services of a dedicated Private Study Supervisor to be available to work at our Drouin campus, commencing in January 2023. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a caring Christian environment and provide important assistance and support to Senior School (Years 9 to 12) students during private study.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- providing a godly example to students and fellow staff members through their practice, manner, relationships and general lifestyle;
- managing student conduct and behaviour;
- building working relationships to enable mentoring; and
- supporting students with planning and organisational skills.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A demonstrated commitment to the school’s Statement of Faith
- Qualifications and experience in education support or related fields (desirable)
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good computer literacy skills
- Awareness of appropriate supervisor behaviours when working with students
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 27 November 2022.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 03 5625 4600 or [email protected]