Sekolah Pelita Harapan
Applications Close: 19 Jul 2024
Commencement Date: 22 Jul 2024
Sekolah Pelita Harapan is a group of five International Christian schools located in the heart of Indonesia – the city of Jakarta. From a visionary beginning in 1993, Sekolah Pelita Harapan schools continue to develop as Indonesia’s leading Christian schools with a focus on academic excellence, personal growth, and spiritual development. Our vision of True Knowledge, Faith in Christ, and Godly Character defines our goals for students: that they may come to understand that all truth emanates from God the Creator and Sustainer and is to be found ultimately in a relationship with Jesus Christ His Son, and our Saviour. The end result of accepting and living out these truths is the development of godly character as those made in the image of God.
We aim to achieve this goal by focusing on Christ as the preeminent One in God’s plan of redemption in the world, believing that He calls us to engage with Him in the world’s restoration from its brokenness. We want our students to be people of influence and action in the world, well-equipped to engage positively wherever they may serve.
We are grounded in an Evangelical, Reformed theology that seeks truth wherever it may be found and recognizes that all truth is God’s. Using the International Baccalaureate and Cambridge programs allows us to develop mature, thoughtful students who are committed to life-long learning and who utilize inquiry to search for the truth.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including housing, medical insurance, a retirement plan, and travel to and from Indonesia, for all members of a family. Interested candidates should send an application at their earliest convenience.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight to the academic programs and activities of Sekolah Pelita Harapan (SPH).
- Ensure the implementation of SPH’s vision, mission, and core values within the academic curriculum and instructional practices.
- Collaborate with teachers, staff, and other academic leaders to develop and implement innovative and effective teaching methodologies.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes academic excellence, character development, and holistic growth of students.
- Oversee the development and review of the curriculum to meet the needs of students and align with educational standards and best practices.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of teachers and academic staff, providing guidance and support for professional development.
- Implement assessment and evaluation strategies to measure student learning outcomes and ensure continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with parents and guardians to foster strong partnerships and maintain open lines of communication regarding student progress and academic matters.
- Stay updated with current trends and research in education, incorporating them into the school’s academic programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with other school leaders to establish policies, procedures, and systems that support the overall functioning of the school.
- Strong demonstrable faith and a commitment to Christian values
- Alignment with Sekolah Pelita Harapan’s vision, mission, and core values
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Extensive experience in educational leadership, preferably as a principal or in a similar leadership role
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of curriculum development, instructional methodologies, and educational standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with students, parents, staff, and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of assessment and evaluation practices to ensure student achievement and academic quality
- Experience in managing academic budgets and resources
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle changing priorities and challenges in an educational setting
For enquiries please contact Nancy Indriyati on +628569881042 or [email protected]