Annandale Christian College
Applications Close: 30 Nov 2023
Commencement Date: 1 Jan 2024
ACC is a non-denominational College that specialises in quality, Christ Centered Education from Kindergarten through to Year 12.
The College is currently seeking expressions of interest/ applications for qualified Primary Teachers to join a dynamic and passionate team of educators in 2024. Various opportunities available; Full time, part time and contract.
As a Primary Teacher you will:
- Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner-centred, safe, supportive and aligned with relevant curriculum, policies and practices.
- Collaborate with your peers to develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy.
- Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning.
- Work with the College leadership team and colleagues to contribute to the professional life of the College.
- Proactively engage with professional learning to enhance student learning outcomes.
- Support the ethos and values of the College.
To be successful in this role you will bring relevant qualifications, current QCoT registration and contemporary teaching experience as well as:
- Be a committed Christian, active in your local church and in full agreement with the College’s evangelical Statement of Faith.
- Be a strong team member keen to work with the wider college staff in understanding education from a distinctly Christian worldview.
- Demonstrated ability to apply the planning, learning and assessing principles underpinning the disciplines including a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum.
- Proven excellence as a classroom practitioner, employing strategies that engage students with a variety of learning abilities, deploying group and individual learning options that sustain a literacy-rich curriculum and which use technology as a tool to enhance learning outcomes.
- Commitment to child safety.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Commitment to engage with colleagues, students, and parents/carers to achieve the best student outcomes.
- Demonstrated competence against the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers across professional knowledge, practice and engagement.
The College offers many benefits, including:
- 3 hours per week non-contact time.
- 2 days release for report writing, with additional release for meeting with Learning Support teams and for Professional Development.
- 9 Student Free Days per year.
- Pastoral support in a community which values staff wellbeing.
- Extra support in time and mentoring to our first year and returning teachers.
- Generous staff school fee discount for staff children who attend the college.
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary.
Why make the change?
Townsville is a costal town which is located in tropical Far North Queensland. The sun shines 320 days a year and our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle. Change your pace and enjoy the country town ‘feel’ without sacrificing the benefits of city living like fine dining, boutique shopping, cultural events and a bustling nightlife. For more information visit https://www.townsvillenorthqueensland.com.au/
To apply for this vacancy please complete an application form (teaching) and return along with your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Application forms can be found on our College website under the job listing: https://www.acc.qld.edu.au/college/employment-opportunities/
For further information please email HR or phone (07) 4725 2082 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close 30th November 2023. The college reserves the right to close the position earlier if the role/s are filled.
For enquiries please contact Yvette Mealing on 0747252082 or [email protected]