Leighland Christian School
Applications Close: 28 Nov 2022
Commencement Date: 1 Jan 2023
Leighland Christian School is a thriving, innovative, community-centred non-denominational, independent Christian School of over 600 students, with a K-12 Campus at Ulverstone and a K-6 Campus at Burnie.
The Senior Principal invites Expressions of Interest from motivated Christian educators for the following role in 2023:
Primary Classroom Teacher, full-time (0.8 will be considered)
The successful applicant/s will be responsible for:
- Delivering teaching of biblical perspectives integrated in each subject area.
- Collaborating and positively contributing to the teaching and learning culture of the School.
- Strengthening home/school partnerships where parents’ support is valued and encouraged in the belief that there will be improved learning opportunities and quality outcomes for students.
- Implementing a hands-on curriculum based on the Australian Curriculum that invites students’ exploration and reflects a commitment to personalised learning.
- Outstanding classroom practice and comprehensive experience using Information Technology within a teaching and learning program.
- Fostering and maintaining the wellbeing of students in a Christian education environment.
The successful applicant/s will have:
- Proven commitment to Christian faith including active/regular involvement in a church.
- A good understanding of and commitment to the mission and philosophy of the School.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with a range of school community members.
- A commitment to the provision of equal opportunity in education for all students.
- Current Tasmanian Teacher’s Registration (or the ability to obtain one).
- A current Working with Vulnerable People card.
- A written reference from a pastor/minister.
Please address the above criteria in your application and refer to the Base Teacher Statement for further information.
Please submit your application online via the following link, to the Positions Vacant section of the School website: https://www.leighland.tas.edu.au/staff-employment
A copy of the Working at Leighland document, Base Teacher Statement, Educational Creed, and the Statement of Faith are also available from this link.
Leighland Christian School is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Please contact the PA to Senior Principal, Mrs Rebecca Hall, on (03) 6425 0999 or email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Closing date for applications: 3.00pm Monday 28 November 2022
For enquiries please contact Rebecca Hall on 0364250999 or [email protected]