Sekolah Pelita Harapan
Applications Close: 22 Jul 2024
Commencement Date: 22 Jul 2024
Sekolah Pelita Harapan is a group of five International Christian schools located in the heart of Indonesia – the city of Jakarta. From a visionary beginning in 1993, Sekolah Pelita Harapan schools continue to develop as Indonesia’s leading Christian schools with a focus on academic excellence, personal growth, and spiritual development. Our vision of True Knowledge, Faith in Christ, and Godly Character defines our goals for students: that they may come to understand that all truth emanates from God the Creator and Sustainer and is to be found ultimately in a relationship with Jesus Christ His Son, and our Savior. The end result of accepting and living out these truths is the development of godly character as those made in the image of God.
We aim to achieve this goal by focusing on Christ as the preeminent One in God’s plan of redemption in the world, believing that He calls us to engage with Him in the world’s restoration from its brokenness. We want our students to be people of influence and action in the world, well-equipped to engage positively wherever they may serve.
We are grounded in an Evangelical, Reformed theology that seeks truth wherever it may be found and recognizes that all truth is God’s. Using the International Baccalaureate and Cambridge programs allows us to develop mature, thoughtful students who are committed to life-long learning and who utilize inquiry to search for the truth.
- Collaborate with faculty to design, update, and enhance curriculum.
- Provide high-quality instruction in various performing arts disciplines, such as music, dance, theater, or visual arts.
- Develop and adapt curriculum to meet the needs of students at different skill levels and ages.
- Prepare students for performances, recitals, or exhibitions, including planning rehearsals and coordinating production logistics.
- Conduct professional development opportunities to support the growth and skills enhancement of faculty.
- Create schedules and allocate resources for faculty and courses.
- Promote student participation and engagement in the arts.
- Ensure teachers offer programs that engage and support students at their level of ability and that move students to higher levels of performance.
- Organize and oversee extracurricular activities, performances, and exhibitions.
- Evaluate student progress through assessments, feedback, and performance reviews.
- Collaborate with community organizations, artists, and cultural institutions to create partnerships and opportunities for students.
- Organize public exhibitions, performances, and events that showcase student and faculty work and promote SPH within the school community and beyond.
- Ensure that the department complies with accreditation standards and assessment requirements.
- Handle administrative duties, including class scheduling, record-keeping, and communication with students, budgeting, etc.
- Ensure that MA facilities are well-maintained, safe, and equipped with the necessary tools and technology.
- Strong commitment of faith in Christ
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in fine arts, arts education, or a related field. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Significant experience in teaching or leadership roles within fine arts education.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of various fine and performing arts disciplines.
- A strong portfolio of personal artistic achievements, such as performances, exhibitions, or productions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Strong organizational skills for managing schedules, rehearsals, and administrative tasks.
- Innovative and creative approaches to teaching and directing performances.
- Willingness to collaborate with other instructors and contribute to a positive learning environment.
For enquiries please contact Nancy Indriyati on +628569881042 or [email protected]