Shire Christian School
Applications Close: 26 Feb 2024
Innovative and energetic Christian educators are invited to apply for the position of PDHPE Teacher and Secondary Sports Coordinator. This role will involve teaching PDHPE across our Junior and Secondary Schools. This is a full-time position, commencing asap. The role reports to the Head of PDHPE.
Nestled in the leafy suburb of Barden Ridge in Southern Sydney, Shire Christian School has been providing high quality Christian education for nearly 50 years. With over 900 students enrolled across Prep to Year 12, we seek to create a culture where every child is part of a community that feels like family.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- develop and deliver engaging lessons for a combination of K-12 PDHPE and 9-10 PASS classes.
- motivate students to learn by demonstrating effective management strategies.
- orchestrate a lesson to maximise learning outcomes for all students.
- perceive the needs of individual students and take realistic steps to meet those needs.
- differentiate learning to support all learners.
- be responsible for the leadership and administration of 7-10 weekly sport, including setting the sports calendar, ensuring representative sports competitions and 7-12 school carnivals are well organised.
- work with the Sports Administration Assistant and other school staff to ensure the planning and administrative tasks relating to sport, carnivals and inter-school sport, are carried out effectively and in a timely and collaborative manner.
- communicate up-to-date Sport information with staff, students and parents, such as providing sports reports through the school newsletter and ensuring students are aware of the opportunities available to represent in sports.
- maintain effective relationships and communication between the school, CSSA and CIS.
- engage warmly and constructively with parents.
- embed a Biblical perspective into the curriculum.
- work collaboratively and productively with their colleagues.
- show a commitment to improvement and professional development.
Teachers benefits include:
- Supportive and passionate PDHPE team
- Possible consideration of part time (0.8 FTE)
- Well-resourced PDHPE/Sport equipment and facilities
- Access to innovative teaching resources.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Salary sacrifice packaging
The successful applicant should be a committed Christian actively involved a church community. All employees at Shire Christian are expected to be personally committed to the school’s mission, vision and statement of faith with a clear understanding of reformed evangelical theology.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria and are interested in joining our Christian learning community, we would love to hear from you! Please use the teaching staff application form found on our school’s website and email to [email protected].
For enquiries please contact Gillian Cross on 0285255111 or [email protected]