Illawarra Christian School
Applications Close: 9 Dec 2022
Commencement Date: 20 Jan 2023
About the school
Illawarra Christian School is a Prep-Year 12 co-educational Christian school located in Cordeaux Heights, ten minutes from the centre of Wollongong. It is a vibrant learning community where every student is cared for in a positive and dynamic environment. In partnership with parents, we equip our students to be inquiring and discerning life-long learners.
We employ highly skilled, innovative, and passionate teachers who are excited about opportunities to continually grow in their ability to support and extend the learning of all students in their classes. The school has a diverse student population, a strong sense of community and strong academic record. With a strong focus on effective teaching and learning, our experienced and dedicated Christian staff are committed to providing quality education where the word of God is taught faithfully, a biblical worldview is integrated into all aspects of school life, and where students are thoroughly equipped to serve Christ.
About the role
Our Multidisciplinary Team has an exciting opportunity for a permanent part-time Christian Occupational Therapist to join our growing and dynamic team. Our multi-faceted approach delivers evidence-based, individual and group interventions for students and their families, as well as training teachers to confidently approach the learning support needs of our students. Committed Christians of reformed persuasion, with active involvement in a local church, are invited to apply.
The ideal candidate
The successful applicant will:
- be a practising Christian of reformed persuasion, actively involved in their local church and supportive of the ethos and aims of the school
- have a minimum 2 years post-graduate experience working as a Occupational Therapist in a paediatric setting
- have excellent communication and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to work with staff, parents and external providers
- have a demonstrated sense of creativity, enthusiasm and fun in facilitating meaningful intervention for children
- have experience in assessment and creating intervention plans and delivering effective, high quality, evidence-based interventions
- have a demonstrated knowledge of disability, learning difficulties, sensory processing difficulties and child development.
- have a valid Working with Children Check
Your application should be accompanied by a resume. In your resume, please address the following key criteria:
- What is your understanding of the role of an Occupational Therapist within a school environment?
- Detail your Occupational Therapy experience working with preschool and school aged children.
- What experience have you had with providing training to teachers and/or parents?
- How do you understand the intersection between your Christian faith and your professional practice?
For enquiries please contact Melinda Vidler on 02 4239 5200 or [email protected]