Chairo Christian School
Applications Close: 10 Jul 2022
Commencement Date: 18 Jul 2022
Large multi-campus Christian school
Approx. 0.5 to 1.0 FTE
Job Ref: LE2203
Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school with 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south-eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Maths Teacher to work at our Leongatha campus with students in Years 5–10, commencing in Term 3 this year. The primary responsibility of this teacher will be to deliver the curriculum in a manner consistent with the guidelines and policies set by the school board and leadership team, and from a Christian worldview perspective.
Chairo teachers are also expected to foster a safe and caring environment for all students while endeavouring to role model the love of Jesus Christ to all. Other responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a learning environment in which students are encouraged to have positive attitudes towards learning, and in which challenging and achievable expectations are set for students
- Effectively assessing student performance and providing feedback in an encouraging and confidence-building manner
- Planning and carrying out daily activities to fulfil the objectives of the school’s educational policies and mission statement
- Building relationships with students and parents in a manner that establishes a partnering approach to learning
Having obtained relevant tertiary qualifications in education and being registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching, the successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Statement of Faith
- Experience teaching Maths at upper primary or secondary level (desirable)
- Sound knowledge of teaching from a Christian worldview perspective
- Ability to utilise a range of teaching strategies as may be relevant
- Ability to build strong partnering relationships and communication channels with students and parents
Successful applicants will need to be in agreement with and model Chairo’s Statement of Faith.
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at: www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers
The closing date for applications is Sunday 10 July.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 0356254600 or [email protected]