Calderwood Christian School
Applications Close: 10 Oct 2023
Commencement Date: 25 Jan 2024
About our school
Calderwood Christian School is a non-denominational, Christian day-school seeking to offer an excellence in education within the context of a genuine biblical framework. The school is situated in the beautiful growth corridor of the Calderwood Valley, at the foot of the Illawarra escarpment. Set amidst stunning rural land, the school boasts large open spaces, experienced teachers, and modern facilities. Serving families as far south as Kiama, west to the Southern Highlands and north to Wollongong, it is the first choice for Christian education in the Southern Illawarra. The rapidly growing school offers a seamless Prep to Year 12 educational experience on the one campus. Catering for more than 400 students, the highly experienced teachers offer a breadth of academic and extra-curricular activities, whilst maintaining a family feel.
About the role
We are currently seeking an energetic full-time educator to join our dynamic secondary team in our Mathematics faculty. Teaching a diversity of classes from Year 7 to Year 12, as well as supporting the extra curricular programs of this growing school, will be attractive to candidates looking to further their career. The ability to teach senior Mathematics subjects and digital technologies will also be an advantage in any application. This permanent, ongoing position commences Term 1, 2024.
The ideal candidate
Committed Christians of reformed persuasion, both new graduates and experienced teachers, are invited to apply. A strong candidate will demonstrate a commitment to delivering mathematics within an authentic Christian worldview, work as part of a team, and foster a deep love of learning in students.
The successful applicant will possess:
- NESA registration (or eligibility) and Working With Children Check
- a genuine Christian faith of reformed theology, with active involvement in a local church
- the capacity to work as part of a dynamic staff team
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a commitment to partnership with parents in the education of their children
- a strong commitment to independent Christian education and a willingness to contribute to the wider School community through extra-curricular programs
- a demonstrated desire for lifelong learning.
For more information, or to discuss the role with the Principal prior to applying, please contact Mrs Bri Haines on 4230 3700 to make a time to speak with the Principal, or email [email protected]
For enquiries please contact Bri Haines on 02 4230 3700 or [email protected]