Tyndale Christian School
Applications Close: 13 Oct 2023
Commencement Date: 19 Jan 2024
About our school
Tyndale is a preschool to Year 12 co-educational school located in Blacktown, Sydney. At Tyndale we believe that God has given parents the responsibility for the nurture of their children according to the Word of the Lord. Tyndale is therefore committed to partnering with parents in the Christian education of their children by equipping students to be disciples of Jesus through Christ-centred Biblical education.
About the role
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and committed teachers to fulfil the ongoing part-time role of Mathematics Teacher in our Secondary School. This role will have an Full-Time-Equivalent (FTE) of 0.8 and commence on 19 January 2024. New graduates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
As a member of our Secondary School team spanning Year 7 to Year 12, the teacher collaborates closely with the KLA Coordinator and Wellbeing Coordinators. Together, they are dedicated to creating and sustaining an enriching learning environment marked by excellence in assessment, evaluation, reporting, fostering positive interpersonal relationships, prioritising child safety, and ensuring the wellbeing and discipline of our students. In this capacity, the teacher reports to both the KLA Coordinator and the Head of Secondary School, with accountability extending to all aspects of teaching and curriculum development.
- Christian of a Reformed/Evangelical persuasion, who is an active member of a Reformed/Evangelical church
- whole-heartedly subscribe to the School’s Educational Creed
- possess NESA Teacher’s Accreditation
- have enthusiasm for engaging students in meaningful learning experiences
- have a passion for Christian Education
- are confident in the use of technology in the classroom
- are curious and tenacious learners with a passion for motivating students to be likewise
- have experience in teaching Stages 4-6 Mathematics
- have an integrated understanding of the interaction between their faith and the teaching of Mathematics
- Experience working in an educational setting
For more information about working at Tyndale, please click here to see a copy of our Staff Recruitment Booklet.
Tyndale is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people. The successful applicant, therefore, will need to hold and maintain a valid NSW Working With Children Check in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW).
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts to submit an online application.
For further information, please phone the Principal’s EA on (02) 8811 7800.
Applications close on Friday, 13 October 2023
For enquiries please contact Chris on 0288117800 or [email protected]