NT Christian Schools
Applications Close: 31 Dec 2023
Commencement Date: 15 Jan 2024
About the role
NT Christian Schools provides a unique opportunity to work and contribute to the development of one of our remote schools, GAWA Christian School, located in Elcho Island in the Arnhem Land of Northern Territory, Australia. Providing endless possibilities for the adventurer, you will engage in interesting and challenging work that as a collective, contributes to the healing of country and the longevity of the GAWA Christian School community.
Based in Darwin, the Maintenance and Project Coordinator will be required to travel to GAWA at least 12 weeks in the year (or (1) week of the month) or as required. Primarily you will be overseeing all installation, repair and upkeep operations of GAWA Christian School facilities with the goal of ensuring facilities for GAWA Christian School is well-cared for and adequate to support the business operations. You will ensure that the students, teachers and the GAWA community have the best physical resources available to complete their duties according to budget.
The successful applicant will be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations.
NT Christian Schools exists to advance the Christian religion through the provision of education and religious instruction. For the purposes of upholding the Christian ethos of our schools, it is a genuine occupational qualification of this role that applicants be able to teach religious education, lead, and otherwise assist in, religious practices and observances and personally adhere to, uphold, and authentically model the religious beliefs of NT Christian Schools.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- A committed Christian actively involved in your local church.
- Demonstrate or be willing to develop, the ability to draw upon the beliefs articulated in the Policies and Procedures of NT Christian Schools to prepare teaching programs that have a biblical perspective and deliver significant educational outcomes for students.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in property maintenance and overseeing projects.
- Good understanding of WH&S concepts including manual handling, sharps handling and hazardous material handling.
- Good understanding of waste management and hygiene principles.
- Demonstrated experience in general hand and power tools usage
- Demonstrable high level interpersonal and time management skills.
- Must obtain and Working with Children Card (OCHRE) and a current police check.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively model Christian values as expressed in the Policies and Procedures of NT Christian Schools and to give an authentic witness to those values.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Health and Safety Training Representative Course (NT Chamber of Commerce) or a willingness to obtain.
- White card and working at heights or a willingness to obtain.
- NT Drivers Licence – light rigid.
“This is a calling that must be taken out of obedience and trust in the Triune God. All the support in the world will be found lacking if one’s security is not in God Himself. Honesty is our starting point. Those who come for a life of comfort will not find it here. Whilst beautiful, Gäwa is a battlefield, and we fight for turning hearts towards Jesus and His Kingdom. God calls us to faithfulness and community. Through Jesus and with each other, we have victory”.
– Rachel Herweynen
Principal, Gäwa Christian School.
What we offer
- Six (6) weeks of annual leave
- Long Service Leave at five (5) years of continuous service (as opposed to the usual ten)
- Fifteen (15) days per year of personal and carers leave
- Up to eight (8) weeks paid maternity leave for eligible employees in addition to government maternity leave
- Opportunities for staff to learn through the National Institute of Christian Education, *paid for by NT Christian schools
- All year round professional development
For enquiries please contact Manu Downes on 0889204355 or [email protected]