Annandale Christian College
Applications Close: 31 Jul 2023
ACC is a non-denominational College that specialises in quality, Christ Centered Education from Kindergarten through to Year 12.
The College is currently seeking applications for a suitably qualified and experienced Learning Support Specialist to join our dynamic secondary team (Y7-12) in a job share arrangement for an immediate start.
Permanent Part Time — 2 days per week (term time)
As a Learning Support Specialist you will:
- Work alongside your job share colleague to facilitate the provision of learning support services for Secondary students identified as having disabilities, learning difficulties, or welfare concerns.
- Support teachers to plan and implement teaching strategies and programs in response to individual needs of students.
- Work with Head of Department (HoDs) and teachers to ensure differentiation documentation is recorded and up to date.
- Work with students on identified learning goals.
- Coordinate and support secondary Learning Support Teacher Aides.
- Liaise with specialists and therapists where required, including preparation of referrals and reporting of student progress.
- Communicate with parents as key partners in the educational outcomes of students.
- Understand and apply NCCD systems, verification and funding for students.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified secondary teacher or allied health professional.
- Have demonstrated experience in the provision of learning support; developing and implementing learning support strategies, plan development, reporting and records management.
- Have experience in NCCD systems with ISQ (Independent Schools Queensland).
- Be a committed Christian, active in your local church and in full agreement with the College’s evangelical Statement of Faith.
- Be a strong team member keen to work with the wider college staff in understanding education from a distinctly Christian worldview.
This position offers many benefits, including:
- Great workplace culture.
- 9 Student Free days/ Professional Development days per year.
- Staff school fee discount for children who attend the college.
- Access to Christian Life Coach and Employee Assistance Scheme.
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary.
Why make the change?
Townsville is a costal town which is located in tropical Far North Queensland. The sun shines 320 days a year and our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle. Change your pace and enjoy the country town ‘feel’ without sacrificing the benefits of city living like fine dining, boutique shopping, cultural events and a bustling nightlife.
Application packages are available on ACC’s website at https://www.acc.qld.edu.au/college/employment-opportunities/
Please email your completed application form accompanied by a Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]
For further information please phone Human Resources on (07) 4725 2082.
For enquiries please contact Yvette Mealing on 0747252082 or [email protected]