Chairo Christian School
Applications Close: 25 Feb 2024
Commencement Date: 18 Mar 2024
Large multi-campus Christian school
Fixed-term, part-time position
Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school, with 1,800 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south-eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Kindergarten Co-educator to commence at our Traralgon campus as soon as practicable. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a caring Christian environment and provide important assistance to the kindergarten teaching staff in delivering high quality care and Christian education to our students.
Some key responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with planning and implementation of the pre-school educational program
- Contribute to promoting a healthy and safe environment for all children and staff members
- Build a positive and friendly rapport with relevant stakeholders such as parents, caregivers and other staff members
- Contribute to the effective management of the kindergarten service
The successful candidate will have preferably obtained the following qualifications and experience:
- Cert III or Diploma of Children’s Services (desirable or willingness to train)
- Current and approved first aid qualifications as per regulations.
- Prior experience in a similar kindergarten/pre-school role
- Working knowledge of implementing a high-quality educational program that reflects the diverse nature of Chairo Kinder
Successful applicants will need to be in agreement with and model Chairo’s Statement of Faith.
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children check. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
An online application can be completed and submitted, together with a covering letter and resume, by selecting the Current Vacancies link on the Employment page on Chairo’s website (www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers).
The closing date for applications is Sunday 25 February.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 03 5625 4600 or [email protected]