International Chinese School
Applications Close: 9 Oct 2023
Commencement Date: 24 Jan 2024
International Chinese School is growing K-6 bilingual Anglican school located in St Leonards on the Lower North Shore of Sydney.
For 2024 the School seeks qualified, NESA approved K-6 teachers (English speaking and Mandarin speaking).
The School offers a bilingual immersion program with 50% of the teaching week delivered in Mandarin. English speaking teachers deliver the English component to a class, with Mandarin speaking teachers the Chinese component. As well as Mandarin language learning this approach requires the delivery of some KLAs in Mandarin.
The positions may be offered as either full-time or part-time roles. The School also seeks Casual Teachers as an immediate need.
- To have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and attend a Christian Church on a regular basis
- To accept the School’s Statement of Faith and live a lifestyle consistent with this.
- Familiarity with the current NESA Curriculum with experience in teaching K-6
- Demonstrated ability to engage all students through differentiated quality teaching and learning programs incorporating the use of technology
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as a member of a team to build strong partnerships with staff, students and parents
- NESA approval to teach in NSW
- Current Working with Children Check Clearance
- Native speaker of Mandarin (for Mandarin teaching positions)
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- First Aid Certificate
Your application should consist of:
- a cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- copies of qualifications (certified by a JP)
- current Working with Children Check Number and photo ID
- proof of approval to teach in NSW (current NESA Teacher Accreditation Card)
- contact details for 3 referees, one of whom must be your minister/pastor.
Applications should be forwarded to [email protected] . Applications close on Monday 9th October 2023.
For enquiries please contact Peter Jamieson on 02 8440 8450 or [email protected]