Chairo Christian School
Applications Close: 1 Oct 2023
Commencement Date: 9 Oct 2023
First Aid Advisor
Large multi-campus Christian school
Ongoing, part-time position
FTE approx. 0.2 (1-2 days per week)
Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school, with over 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south-eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking the services of a dedicated First Aid Advisor to provide guidance in the areas of student first aid, medical needs and medication administration across all Chairo campuses. Commencing in Term 4 this year, this is an exciting opportunity to work in a caring Christian environment.
Chairo staff members are expected to set a godly example to students and fellow staff members through their practice, manner, relationships and general lifestyle. Key responsibilities with regards to student first aid, medical needs and medication administration will include the following:
- Researching, developing and maintaining policies, processes and procedures
- Assisting the Executive Leadership Team to ensure compliance and best practice
- Working with staff members to ensure the provision of ongoing training and support
- Ensuring that First Aid Officers have appropriate and current first aid qualifications
- Developing and maintaining appropriate and current information resources
The successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Statement of Faith
- Experience or qualifications in a medical or compliance-related field (desirable)
- Friendly and professional demeanour
- Excellent people and communication skills
- High standard of computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Working with Children Check
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
An online application can be completed and submitted, together with a covering letter and resume, by selecting the Current Vacancies link on the Employment page on Chairo’s website (www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers).
The closing date for applications is Sunday 1 October.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 03 5625 4600 or [email protected]