Maitland Christian School
Applications Close: 30 Nov 2022
To maintain the general ledger and process transactions to allow for the preparation of financial reports for the Maitland Christian School Ltd (MCSL) group. This includes Maitland Christian School, Arise Christian College and our Early Learning Centre. To ensure all financial processes are completed to a standard that meets strict legislative requirements and is ready for external audit. To ensure all staff understand their role in the financial process.
- Modelling Christian lifestyle and promoting the school and Christian education.
- Process multiple payrolls, including maintenance of staff records in the finance system.
- Process accounts payable.
- Billing of school fees.
- Receipting of parent fees.
- Ordering supplies for the Schools on behalf of all staff.
- Maintenance of the school finance system.
- Bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts.
- Committed Christian actively involved in a Church.
- Committed to the principles of Christian Schooling.
- Demonstrated experience in financial processing, including payroll and accounts payable.
- Ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to process quickly but still with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve.
- Computer literacy with experience in spreadsheets and financial systems.
- Well-developed time management skills.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in working in schools.
- Experience with the TASS.web financial system.
Specific duties include any or all of the following:
Workplace Health & Safety:
- Maintain a safe working environment and report any health and safety risks.
- Process fortnightly payrolls for Maitland Christian School (includes staff of Arise Christian College) and the ELC.
- Enter all new staff into the payroll system, which includes WWCC.
- Follow up leave forms and timesheets to ensure all information required to accurately process payroll is in the system
- Maintain and update staff details in the payroll system.
- Upload payroll files into the banking system for payment. are
- Monthly payment of superannuation.
- Maintain employee permissions within the TASS.web system
- Enter requisitions and invoices into the system.
- Check the accuracy of information before processing.
- Process accounts payable for each business segment.
- Upload accounts payable files into the banking system for payment.
Billing and Receipting
- Process billing for all new families who enrol at the school.
- Adjust billing whenever there is a change in circumstance such as fee assistance, or departures.
- Receipting of fees paid.
- Provide information to parents who enquire about their fees.
- Assist in the process of fee follow up for unpaid fees, including potential external debt collection.
- Place orders requested by staff with the most appropriate supplier in a timely manner.
- Ensure orders that are received are delivered to correct staff member and that invoice is received.
- Reconciliations of all bank and credit card accounts.
- Assist Business Manager in month end financial reporting process. This includes:
- Fixed asset purchase processing
- Clearing of reconciliation accounts
- Updating monthly KPI dashboard
- Bank transfers to clear internal loan accounts
- Maintain the TASS.web accounting system.
- Assist the Business Manager with various tasks as required.
- Assist in process improvement projects.
- Other tasks as directed by the Principal.
For enquiries please contact Chris Boyce on 0249337633 or [email protected]