Illawarra Christian School
Applications Close: 2 Dec 2022
Commencement Date: 20 Jan 2023
About the school
Illawarra Christian School is a Prep-Year 12 co-educational Christian school located in Cordeaux Heights, ten minutes from the centre of Wollongong. It is a vibrant learning community where every student is cared for in a positive and dynamic environment. In partnership with parents, we equip our students to be inquiring and discerning life-long learners.
We employ highly skilled, innovative, and passionate teachers who are excited about opportunities to continually grow in their ability to support and extend the learning of all students in their classes. The school has a diverse student population, a strong sense of community and strong academic record.
With a strong focus on effective teaching and learning, our experienced and dedicated Christian staff are committed to providing quality education where the word of God is taught faithfully, a biblical worldview is integrated into all aspects of school life, and where students are thoroughly equipped to serve Christ.
About the role
We are currently seeking a passionate and engaging Christian educator for a full-time (or part-time) secondary teaching role in our English faculty.
The successful candidate will join a strong and collegial English staff team in this permanent role, ideally commencing at the beginning of 2023. Start date negotiable for successful applicant.
The ideal candidate
Committed Christians of reformed persuasion, both new graduates and experienced teachers, are invited to apply. The successful applicant will possess:
- NESA registration (or eligibility) and Working With Children Check
- a genuine Christian faith of reformed theology, with active involvement in a local church
- the capacity to work as part of a dynamic staff team
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a commitment to partnership with parents in the education of their children
- a strong commitment to independent Christian education and a willingness to contribute to the wider School community through extra-curricular programs
- a demonstrated desire for lifelong learning.
Please note that applications are ongoing and will be reviewed as they are received. The school reserves the right to fill the position prior to the closing date.
For enquiries please contact Melinda Vidler on 02 4239 5200 or [email protected]