Shire Christian School
Applications Close: 26 Feb 2024
Innovative and energetic Christian educators are invited to apply for the position of English Teacher. This is a full-time position commencing in 2024.
Nestled in the leafy suburb of Barden Ridge in Southern Sydney, Shire Christian School has been providing high quality Christian education for nearly 50 years. With over 900 students enrolled across Prep to Year 12, we seek to create a culture where every child is part of a community that feels like family.
Shire Christian School is committed to whole student learning; both academically and pastorally. We support staff to adopt and implement a Learning Power approach to teaching and learning, under our Learning for Life framework. This framework requires a teacher who is willing to design learning experiences that challenge, extend and enrich our student learning experience in a collegial and collaborative environment.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Design and implement programs across all stages; ability to teach all levels of English Stage 6, an advantage.
- Motivate students to learn by demonstrating effective classroom management strategies.
- Orchestrate lessons to inspire curiosity and critical thinking.
- Perceive the needs of individual students and take realistic steps to meet those needs.
- Differentiate learning to support all learners.
- Engage warmly and constructively with parents.
- Embed a Biblical perspective into the curriculum.
- Provide timely and transformative feedback to students.
- Confidently integrate ICT to enhance learning outcomes.
- Work collaboratively and productively with their colleagues.
- Show a commitment to improvement and professional development.
Teachers benefits include:
- Supportive and collegial English team.
- Well-equipped classrooms.
- Access to innovative teaching resources.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Salary sacrifice packaging.
The successful applicant should be a committed Christian actively involved a church community. All employees at Shire Christian are expected to be personally committed to the school’s mission, vision and statement of faith with a clear understanding of reformed evangelical theology.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria and are interested in joining our Christian learning community, we would love to hear from you! Please use the teaching staff application form found on our school’s website and email to [email protected].
For enquiries please contact Gillian Cross on 0285255111 or [email protected]