NT Christian Schools
Applications Close: 31 Oct 2023
Education Support Teacher – 2024
CT1 – CT9 $81,739.00 – $117,225.00 (2023) Dependent on qualifications and experience
About the job
Palmerston Christian College are stepping into exponential growth in 2024. We invite you to apply for a position as an Educational Support Teacher for 2024 (or as negotiated)
Full Time (FTE 1.0) | Ongoing Position
The central role of the Education Support Teacher is to maximise educational options and outcomes for students with disabilities and education support needs in the school community. The Education Support Teacher will assist the Principal, the Head of schools to build and maintain a healthy strength based learning community within Palmerston Christian College and ensuring that the school is delivering quality outcomes for students with special needs.
Skills and Experience
You will be an experienced teacher who will have a strong understanding and experience to create a ‘learning space’ for the students in your care. You will have a wealth of knowledge in designing and implementing aspects of the ‘learning space’ to ensure it is relevant to the needs and abilities of those students, giving them a reasonable opportunity to attain the goals and develop the skills outlined in the college curriculum.
NT Christian Schools exists to advance the Christian religion through the provision of education and religious instruction. For the purposes of upholding the Christian ethos of our schools, it is a genuine occupational qualification of this role that applicants be able to teach religious education, lead, and otherwise assist in, religious practices and observances and personally adhere to, uphold, and authentically model the religious beliefs of NT Christian Schools.
“We encourage and support our staff to continue in their professional development and grow in all areas of their careers. We would love for you to join our college and enjoy all it has to offer”.
– Luke Willsmore
Principal, Palmerston Christian College
What we offer
- Six (6) weeks of annual leave
- Long Service Leave at five (5) years of continuous service (as opposed to the usual ten)
- Fifteen (15) days per year of personal and carers leave
- Up to eight (8) weeks paid maternity leave for eligible employees in addition to government maternity leave.
- Financial and practical assistance for teachers relocating to the Territory
- Opportunities for staff to learn through the National Institute of Christian Education, *paid for by NT Christian schools
- All year round professional development
- Financial assistance for uptake of employment
Applications available at https://jobs.ntchristianschools.com.au
Applications considered as received
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 0889204355 or [email protected]