Marrara Christian College a school of NT Christian Schools
Applications Close: 31 Oct 2024
Commencement Date: 15 Jan 2024
Education Support Coordinator – Teacher (POR 2)
CT1 – CT9 $81,739.00 – $117,225.00 (2023) Dependant on qualifications and experience
About the job
An exciting opportunity has emerged for an enthusiastic and qualified Education Support Coordinator to join Marrara Christian College to provide a rich and caring learning experience through the teaching of the Australian Curriculum. The position requires the highest commitment to the Lord, the Bible and to schooling from a distinctively Christian perspective.
Skills and Experience
You will be an experienced teacher who will have a strong understanding and experience to create a ‘learning space’ for the students in your care. You will have a wealth of knowledge in designing and implementing aspects of the ‘learning space’ to ensure it is relevant to the needs and abilities of those students, giving them a reasonable opportunity to attain the goals and develop the skills outlined in the college curriculum.
In your coordinator/leadership role you will be part of the leadership team of Marrara Christian College, and also be invited to contribute into the broader leadership and direction of the College on occasions. You will primarily be working with school staff to develop, implement and maintain inclusive practices to accommodate the diverse range of students outlined in a range of school based policies such as Disability Standards for Education (DSE).
NT Christian Schools exists to advance the Christian religion through the provision of education and religious instruction. For the purposes of upholding the Christian ethos of our schools, it is a genuine occupational qualification of this role that applicants be able to teach religious education, lead, and otherwise assist in, religious practices and observances and personally adhere to, uphold, and authentically model the religious beliefs of NT Christian Schools.
You will be:
- A capable classroom practitioner looking to continually develop and improve your ability in the classroom.
- Engaged in post graduate study in the area of Christian Education.
- You will desire to have a collaborative approach to leadership and will be willing to develop your coaching skills.
- Highly capable in dealing with conflict in healthy ways and committed to cultivating a culture of peace for staff, parents and students.
- Experienced in developing and implementing both student wellbeing and care and conduct processes.
- A highly effective communicator in both oral and written forms.
- Committed to professional learning communities as a vehicle for professional growth and development.
“Here at Marrara we’re about crafted teaching. For us, all learning is formational. Formational learning is about helping students learn with their head, connect that knowledge to their heart, and see it outworked through their hands in their daily lives. We have a fantastic and committed staff here who are driven to support our students and care for them along their learning journeys so that they can be who God has created them to.” – Joel van Bentum, Principal, Marrara Christian College
What we offer
- A minimum of six weeks of annual leave
- Long Service Leave at five (5) years of continuous service (as opposed to the usual ten)
- Fifteen (15) days per year of personal and carers leave
- Financial and practical assistance to assist new staff in relocating to the Territory
- Opportunities for staff to learn through the National Institute of Christian Education, paid for by NT Christian schools
- All year round professional development.
- Financial assistance for uptake of employment.
Applications available at https://jobs.ntchristianschools.com.au
Applications considered as received.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 0889204355 or [email protected]