Palmerston Christian College a school of NT Christian Schools
Applications Close: 31 Dec 2023
Commencement Date: 15 Jan 2024
Applications processed as received.
About the role
Kingdom Kids Early Learning Centre Palmerston Christian College is an approved Long Day Care service fully owned and operated by Palmerston Christian College, a college which caters for students from Transition to Year Twelve and is overseen by NT Christian Schools. Kingdom Kids Marrara caters for children from 3 to 5 years.
We are seeking a full-time (or as negotiated) Early Learning Teacher to join our team to assist with the development, planning and supervising the implementation of educational and developmental programs for 3-5 year olds. The ideal candidate will have the ability to apply the Christian faith with authenticity and integrity in the workplace.
Skills and Experience
Applicants must have a clear focus on implementing educational and developmental programmes for 3 to 5 years olds and a commitment to quality Christian care for families.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or a Bachelor of Education with a willingness to work towards an ACECQA qualification or equivalent, with NT Teacher Registration. An ACEQCA approved first aid certificate, a Working with Children Clearance (Ochre card) and a current police clearance are essential, as are demonstrated abilities to work as part of a cohesive team and to teach according to the Walker Learning Approach and the Early Years Learning Framework.
NT Christian Schools exists to advance the Christian religion through the provision of education and religious instruction. For the purposes of upholding the Christian ethos of our schools, it is a genuine occupational qualification of this role that applicants be able to teach religious education, lead, and otherwise assist in, religious practices and observances and personally adhere to, uphold, and authentically model the religious beliefs of NT Christian Schools.
Some of your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Be responsible for developing, planning and supervising the implementation of educational and/or developmental programs for 3-5 year olds in conjunction with other staff, following the Walker Learning Approach pedagogy.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other staff.
- Write reports as required.
- Take initiative in ensuring daily tasks are completed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend all monthly Early Years Hub meetings wherever possible.
- Assist Director with other duties as required.
At our Kingdom Kids Early Learning Centre’s, people matter, and relationships are at the center of all we do. We believe first and foremost in developing and maintaining caring, loving, Christ-like relationships with children and their families. We desire to foster a community of love, forgiveness, acceptance and equity; endeavouring to present learning experiences and environments which provide children with provocations to explore and seek truth and understanding for themselves.
What we offer
- A minimum of eight (8) weeks of annual leave.
- Long Service Leave at five (5) years of continuous service (as opposed to the usual ten).
- 15 days per year of personal and carers leave.
- All year-round professional development.
- Assistance with relocation costs to the NT
- Part-time negotiable.
- 80% discount for your own children – CCS eligible care.
How to apply
Visit Christian Schools Jobs in Australia | NT Christian Schools to complete the full application and see the full Job Description.
For enquiries, please contact Human Resources on 0889204355 or [email protected]
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on +61889204355 or [email protected]