Illawarra Christian School
Applications Close: 31 Mar 2023
Commencement Date: 26 Apr 2023
About Illawarra Christian School
Illawarra Christian School is a Prep-Year 12 co-educational Christian school located in Cordeaux Heights, ten minutes from the centre of Wollongong. It is a vibrant learning community where every student is cared for in a positive and dynamic environment. In partnership with parents, we equip our students to be inquiring and discerning life-long learners.
We employ highly skilled, innovative, and passionate teachers who are excited about opportunities to continually grow in their ability to support and extend the learning of all students in their classes. The school has a diverse student population, a strong sense of community and strong academic record.
With a strong focus on effective teaching and learning, our experienced and dedicated Christian staff are committed to providing quality education where the word of God is taught faithfully, a biblical worldview is integrated into all aspects of school life, and where students are thoroughly equipped to serve Christ.
About the role
We are currently seeking an energetic and dynamic full-time educator to join our K-6 team.
You must have a commitment to fostering a deep love of learning in students, together with an ability to integrate an authentic Christian worldview into your classroom teaching and practice.
This is a fixed term, full time role commencing Term 2 and running until the end of 2023, with possibility of ongoing role thereafter for the right candidate. Candidates seeking a part-time position are encouraged to still apply, as there may be scope for a part-time role.
The ideal candidate
Committed Christians of reformed persuasion, both new graduates and experienced teachers, are invited to apply. The successful applicant will possess:
- NESA registration (or eligibility) and Working With Children Check
- a genuine Christian faith of reformed theology
- a demonstrated active involvement in a local church
- the capacity to work as part of a dynamic staff team
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a commitment to partnership with parents in the education of their children
- a strong commitment to independent Christian education and a willingness to contribute to the wider School community through extra-curricular programs
- a demonstrated desire for lifelong learning.
- Covid-19 vaccination is desirable but not essential
For further information (including a position description), and to apply, please visit our website.
For enquiries please contact Melinda Vidler on 02 4339 5200 or [email protected]