Heathdale Christian College
Applications Close: 21 Dec 2023
Commencement Date: 30 Oct 2023
Heathdale Christian College is a thriving learning community that strives to enable staff and students to fulfill their unique God-given potential.
- Our staff work together to create an environment geared toward learning, that impacts the lives of each student.
- We build a culture of excellence through a deep desire to show initiative, build capacity, learn, and grow so we make things better – Ultimately fulfilling God’s call for our careers.
- ‘To God be the glory’ is not a throwaway statement for us, but rather evidence of a heart that serves God through daily work.
We are seeking a Casual Relief Teacher to join our Team at our Werribee campus to commence in Term 4. This position requires a teacher to have the ability to effectively replace classroom teachers throughout the Primary levels from Prep to Year 6 and someone that is willing to be a team player to assist our Primary classroom teachers.
- Exercise a particular pastoral responsibility for students in their classrooms.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving Christ in Christian Education.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work across Primary school, Prep to Year 6.
- Participate in the understanding of the College’s Christian philosophy of education and its practical outworking through the professional development of staff.
- Ability to lead, inspire, support, and encourage students through teaching from a Christian worldview.
- Capacity to select and use appropriately, a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies to suit the needs of a diverse range of students.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication, professional and interpersonal skills when relating to teachers, students, parents, and colleagues.
- Provide assistance to other team members and colleagues if or when required.
- For more information, please see below for a detailed Position Description.
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum Degree in Primary Education
- Valid VIT registration
- Strong verbal and written communication skillset
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to work across Prep to Year 6
How To Apply
If you have the relevant skills, abilities and qualifications, please click on the Apply button now to submit your application. A detailed position description is located below, and if you have any further questions, please contact People & Development via email [email protected].
The College has a zero tolerance of child abuse. We have established a series of Policies, Procedures and a Code of Conduct for all employees, volunteers and contractors working with our students. This is aimed to protect children from abuse and embed a culture of child safety in the school environment.
For enquiries please contact Paige Bernard on 0397491522 or [email protected]