Heathdale Christian College
Applications Close: 29 Sep 2023
Commencement Date: 15 Jan 2024
Heathdale Christian College is a thriving Biblical learning community committed to empowering both staff and students to develop their unique God-given potential.
About the Culture and Team:
At Heathdale, we cherish the shared trust that has been built within our growing community through 40 years of glorifying God in our work. Providing staff freedom to live out their Christian faith is central to the health of our thriving community, and we seek to ensure our staff feel cared for, supported and secure in this Christ-centred environment.
Every day, we strive to see our students and community flourish in their God-given potential. Committing to personal growth, investing in others and seeking ways to collaborate, improve, innovate, and implement changes that benefit the mission of the College – ultimately, growing together as we fulfil God’s call for our careers.
As devoted followers of Jesus, the statement ‘To God be the glory’ is not just a phrase, but a reflection of our staff’s hearts as they strive to serve God through their daily work.
The Positions Available:
Due to the continued growth of the College, we are seeking teachers within our Secondary School, for a 2024 commencement at our Melton Campus. The positions available are:
- Permanent Full-Time English & Humanities Teacher
- Permanent Full-Time Mathematics Teacher (Additional Methods Desirable)
For more information on the relevant positions available, please visit www.heathdale.vic.edu.au/employment for the relevant Position Descriptions.
Education and Experience:
- The suitable candidate will be a skilled educator within the teaching profession with a Bachelor of Education, VIT Registration (or provisional if a graduate), and knowledge within the relevant teaching method.
- Ability to lead, inspire, support, and encourage students through teaching from a Christian worldview.
- Capacity to select and use appropriately, a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies to suit the needs of a diverse range of students.
- Actively contributes to Heathdale Christian College’s team culture by the means of displaying humility, a desire for excellence, a strong sense of self-awareness, and collaboration.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication, professional and interpersonal skills when relating to teachers, students, parents, and colleagues.
- Participate in the understanding of the College’s Christian philosophy of education and its practical outworking through the professional development of staff.
How To Apply
If you have the relevant skills, abilities, and qualifications, submit your application at www.heathdale.vic.edu.au/employment and if you have any further questions, please contact People & Development via email [email protected].
The College has a zero tolerance of child abuse. We have established a series of Policies, Procedures and a Code of Conduct for all employees, volunteers and contractors working with our students. This is aimed to protect children from abuse and embed a culture of child safety in the school environment.
For enquiries please contact Paige Bernard on 0397491522 or [email protected]