Face to face workshop: Yes (6hrs)
Online course: Coming soon (4hrs)
All classrooms have a range of student abilities and capacities to learn. This workshop/course aims to equip teachers to be able to implement inclusive teaching.
All classrooms have a range of student abilities and capacities to learn. This workshop/course aims to equip teachers to be able to implement inclusive teaching practices in association with more dedicated special education programs that nurture all ranges of ability. Foundation to this workshop is the Christian notion that all students have intrinsic worth, value, and the capacity to learn in some unique way.
Participants will be able to:
1. Understand the biblical view of disability and inclusive education.
2. Discuss the issues regarding full inclusion of students in our diverse Christian school communities, including our response to the Disability Discrimination Act  and the Educations Standards for Disability .
3. Understand and respond to the notions of dfferentiation and universal design.
4. Develop strategies using the Response to Intervention Framework [RTI] as a means towards inclusive classroom practice and supporting students with additional needs.
5. Articulate the current issues around Nationally Consistent Collection of Data and adjustment categories.
6. Discuss the development and use of Individual Plans for students with disabilities in the inclusive classroom.
7. Understand the effective use of teachers’ assistants and volunteers in our inclusive classrooms.
Target audience: All members of a Christian school community
Addressed standards: 1.1, 1.5, 1.6, 4.1, 5.4
ENROL NOW Individual enrolment for an online course
ENROL NOW Group enrolment for a workshop or online course
BOOK NOW Book a presenter for your school for the face to face workshop