CEN VIC Principals’ Meeting and Retreat
Victorian CEN Principals’ Network Meeting and RETREAT
Thursday 10 Aug 2017- Friday 11 Aug @ SCCC in Swan Hill
Thursday 10 August
- 8am Depart from DCC or thereabouts – we’ll work out some car pooling.
- 10.30 Morning tea at the Beechworth Bakery in Bendigo (158 High St)
- 1pm Arrival at Son Centre Christian School. Lunch will be soup and muffins prepared with ingredients from the SCCC garden, inspired by Stephanie Alexander and served by the SCCC students – wonderful!
- 2pm Meeting space – agenda items will probably include feedback on State Conference/SEO report/School stories, progress and prayer. Tour of Son Centre.
- 4pm To accommodation – Murray Downs Resort (over the river in NSW) https://www.murraydownsresort.com.au/Walk/run/golf/chat/games etc - yes, you will all have your own studio suite.
- 7pm Dinner at Java Spice Thai (17 Beveridge Street) We will be joined by the SCCC Board and possibly Wayne Barker from Kerang Christian School
Friday 11 August
- 7am Rise and shine – walk, run, breakfast, coffee, chat – whatever your usual routine is…
- 9am Check out
- 9.30 Pioneer settlement and retreat space. Viv Stapleton is leading this – further details to come….
- 12noon Lunch then depart for Melbourne. Things to do at Swan Hill or on the way home
Visit the Swan Hill regional art gallery
Appreciate the beauty of the Murray and wander along the riverside path
Enjoy a scenic drive around the lakes - Lake Charm/Lake Kangaroo/Lake Boga
Check out the Lake Boga Flying Boat Museum, home of the historic Catalina Flying Boat and site of the secret RAAF Repair Depot.
Be a twitcher and hang out in the bird hide at the Middle Lake Ibis rookery at Kerang
Buy a bag of butternut pumpkins from a roadside stall for $10 - Bargain!
Be amazed by the Cohuna water tower – not sure why, but it is a tourist attraction of the region
Eat a rabbit ramble pie at the Tooborac pie shop
I have tried to keep the costs to a minimum.
Accommodation at Murray Downs Resort and meals – Lunch at SCCC, dinner at Java Thai and breakfast at Murray Downs are included.
Cost per person $320
Please contact Pamela Lavery for more information:
|Event date||10-08-2017 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||11-08-2017 1:00 pm|
|Location||Son Centre Christian School|