CEN National Conference & AGM
Registration now open
The CEN National Conference (which includes the AGM for member associations) is a pivotal event in the life of CEN and its members. We are excited to be bringing you a challenging and exciting time of fellowship and learning. This year our theme is Faithful Presence. What does it mean to hold the posture of Faithful Presence in service to the Lord in Christian Education? This will be unpacked during the conference. Once again, we encourage you to send more than one member of your board and leadership team to this conference
Late last year we announced Rod Thompson as the newly appointed Principal of the National Institute for Christian Education and we welcome Rod as our guest speaker at the conference. Together with others from our team, including Chris Prior, Chris Parker, and Kathy Pereira, they will bring some great insights into what is happening in Christian Education in the areas of leadership, governance, teaching and learning, and political challenges.
The Saturday evening dinner will be an opportunity to celebrate the 40th birthday of the National Institute, and we welcome Ken Dickens as the guest speaker for that evening. For 40 years, the Institute has had a wonderful effect on the lives, development and training of thousands of teachers, educators and boards. It will be a lovely celebration and will include many of our current and past lecturers and adjunct lecturers.
Please refer to the paperwork package emailed to your Principal and Board Chair for further conference details, particularly around nominations for our National Board.
If you are planning to attend:
- Register online through our website before 2nd May.
- Book your flights to arrive at Canberra airport by 9:30am on Saturday and depart Canberra airport no earlier than 2pm on Sunday.
- Ensure your association’s official (voting) representative has signed a credentials form and this has been scanned and emailed to the CEN Office prior to the meeting.
- Submit your association’s nomination/s for the national board.
- Submit any motions your association wishes to place on the agenda.
If no one from your association is able to attend, please complete the following:
- Arrange a proxy to vote on your association’s behalf and email completed form to the CEN Office.
|Event date||18-05-2019 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||19-05-2019 12:00 pm|
|Cut off date||02-05-2019 5:00 pm|