Secondary Teacher - Mathematics
Rivergum Christian College
Rivergum Christian College is a small but growing school in South Australia's Riverland region, expanding into senior secondary in 2020. We are the Riverland’s only independent, non-denominational Christian school with combined primary and secondary students.
We approach education from a transformational viewpoint, desiring to support students by engaging in structured but diverse learning programs to build their capabilities. This is supplemented with strong accountability and responsibility in learning. We also appreciate the diverse range of learning styles among our students and want to encourage this individual thought and expression.
We are seeking an experienced Secondary school teacher (to teach across Years 7-11) who is eager to engage with students, celebrate their strengths and scaffold their learning from a Christian worldview. If you feel that this describes you and your passion for educating young people then we encourage you to apply for this position.
You will be working with the support of our Head of Secondary in teaching at least one, but possibly several (depending on your interest/specialties) subjects across year levels. The role is semi-flexible and your skill set/background will be considered as we seek applicants with abilities in Biology, VET Co-ordination, Mathematics and English - full-time equivalency will be considered in context, with 0.2 as a minimum.
The quality teacher we are looking for will be:
- a Christian actively involved in the Christian church
- dynamic, flexible and able to work collaboratively
- able to teach creatively and 'outside the box'
- able to empower students and encourage them on their learning journey
- keen to work in partnership with families
- willing to embrace and implement a student-centred, transformational methodology while promoting accountability and appropriate assessment standards
- part of a small, dedicated staff team with a servant attitude
- understanding and supportive of our transformational discipline approach.
Candidates will be short-listed for in-person panel interviews and some may be asked to complete a paid TRT day later in Term 4 to assist in finalising the application process.
The role's FTE is to be determined based on skill set, with above-award remuneration.
20 January 2020 12:00 am
08 8583 2304
27 September 2019 12:00 am
|Rivergum Teacher Application Form.docx|