Tyndale Christian School
Tyndale is a parent-controlled Christian school that has been providing Bible-based Christian education in Blacktown New South Wales since 1966.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, committed and experienced professionals to take responsibility for property, human resource management and other day to day aspects of the business operations of the school in a full time position as the Operations Manager. Applicants must be Christians of a Reformed persuasion, who are active in their own churches and whole heartedly subscribe to the School’s Educational Creed as found on our website www.tyndale.edu.au under Our School, Educational Creed.
The Operations Manager will form part of the Executive and work in collaboration with the Finance Manager in relation to the overall business operations of the School.
This role is responsible for:
- all matters of human resource management, administration and property management
- liaising with external authorities as determined by the Principal
- reporting on property-related issues to the Property Committee
- implementing an efficient, professional and all-encompassing approach to all aspects of the business and risk management of the School
- providing quality advice to the Board and Principal on all human resource related matters to enable the School to act at all times in a manner consistent with relevant awards and sound human resource practice
- oversight of the management of the physical assets of the School
- oversight of the management of the various operational entitles within the school, such as the Early Learning Centre, Before and After School Care (Kid’s Club), The Uniform Shop, the School Café (Coffee Tyn), and Lunches Online
- maintaining and complying with WHS standards
- engaging in school events and displaying consistent support for the school through visible involvement in school life
Selection criteria are:
- Demonstrated commitment to the Vision, Mission Statements and Educational Creed of Tyndale Christian School
- Extensive operations/management leadership skills and experience
- Relevant business, operations, management, HR related qualifications
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Sound knowledge and experience of school operational processes
- High Level Office Administration Skills in particular using Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A servant leader
Tyndale Christian School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will need to provide the new NSW Working with Children Check, and sign a Statutory Declaration under the Oaths Act 1990 (NSW) under section 40A of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
The anticipated commencement date is as soon as possible.
Salary will be commensurate with appropriate skills and experience.
To apply for this position, please submit a Tyndale General Staff application form, which is available from the School Office or at www.tyndale.edu.au/our-school/employment-opportunities/
In addition to the application form, please enclose a cover letter which addresses the selection criteria, a full CV and details of 3 confidential referees (minister, employer, and colleague) to:
The Principal, 58 Douglas Road, BLACKTOWN NSW 2148
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please phone our Principal on 02 8811 7800.
Closing date 3pm Friday, 23 August 2019
02 September 2019 12:00 am
02 8811 7800
23 August 2019 12:00 am