Part-Time or Relief Bus Driver and Groundsman
Rehoboth Christian College
Founded in 1959, Rehoboth Christian College has a rich heritage of providing distinctly Christian education and strives to glorify God at all times, and in all things. The College has a K – 6 campus at Wilson and K – 12 campus at Kenwick.
Our College bus services are growing, creating opportunities for more drivers to join our team. The successful candidates will be required to drive the College buses on the home to school runs both before and after school and drive for College excursions. Working days are flexible for part time applicants, to include each Friday. The suitable applicant will be required to carry out groundsman duties when not driving the bus.
Role responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- drive the College’s buses in a safe and effective manner on an assigned daily timetable, morning and afternoon;
- notifying the Fleet Manager of any requirements or maintenance repairs in a timely fashion;
- take attendance as students enter and disembark the bus;
- ensure that students are aware of the rules and responsibilities of passengers;
- ensure grounds and facilities are well-maintained by preparing and properly maintaining play and grassed areas, planting trees and shrubs, and maintaining the reticulation systems;
- look after buildings, fixtures and fittings in accordance with OHS guidelines; and
- perform other related duties.
Desirable criteria for the successful candidate:
- be highly motivated and positive team player;
- be highly organized and disciplined;
- have previous experience working as a bus driver within a school;
- have previous experience working as a groundman;
- provide friendly service;
- excellent communication skills;
- be able to maintain professional confidentiality;
- possess an ability to build rapport quickly; and
- display a good work ethic.
Essential criteria for the successful candidate:
- be actively involved in a Protestant Christian Church;
- be able to demonstrate an exemplary Christian lifestyle;
- have a good and safe driving record;
- must hold or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check;
- must hold or be willing to obtain a Police Clearance Check; and
- must hold or be willing to obtain a MR-license with F class extension or above.
- Uniform provided
- A rewarding, people focused workplace
- Flexible working hours
- Parking available onsite
To apply please head to our website and complete the Non-Teaching Staff application form, write a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria, and include a comprehensive resume.
06 May 2019 12:00 am
Miss S Conradie
08 9452 1833
03 May 2019 12:00 am
|Groundsman--Bus Driver - Position Description and Application Info 190412.docx|