Chairo Christian School
Large multi-campus Christian school
Fixed-term maternity leave replacement (approx. 0.26 FTE)
Chairo Christian School is a growing non-denominational Christian school, with 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking to appoint a French Teacher to teach Prep to Year 7 at our Leongatha campus from July to December this year. The primary responsibility of the teacher will be to deliver the curriculum in a manner consistent with the guidelines and policies set by the school board and leadership team, and from a Christian worldview perspective.
Chairo teachers are also expected to foster a safe and caring environment for all students while endeavouring to role model the love of Jesus Christ to all. Other responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a learning environment in which students are encouraged to have positive attitudes towards learning, and in which challenging and achievable expectations are set for students
- Effectively assessing student performance and providing feedback in an encouraging and confidence-building manner
- Planning and carrying out daily activities to fulfil the objectives of the school’s educational policies and mission statement
- Building relationships with students and parents in a manner that establishes a partnering approach to learning.
Having obtained relevant tertiary qualifications in education and being registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching, the successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Articles of Faith
- Experience in teaching Prep to Year 7 students (desirable)
- Sound knowledge of teaching from a Christian worldview perspective
- Ability to utilise a range of teaching strategies as may be relevant
- Ability to build strong partnering relationships and communication channels with students and parents
Successful applicants will need to be in agreement with and model Chairo’s Articles of Faith.
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at: www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers
18 July 2019 12:00 am
03 5625 4600
24 April 2019 12:00 am